Rip Maris & Yogi 12/27/2009

Guest goofydog

Guest goofydog

Dear Toni,

Words cannot express my feelings right now. What an amazing gift to honor Yogi & Maris. And the outpouring of support and kindness on the remembrance blog has been overwhelming. I ordered all of Yogi & Maris's collars from the owner of 2Hounds Designs, and I saw her words there, among so many others from around the world. Just made me feel like I had received a cosmic hug. Please post my thanks to everyone and let them know how much this support has meant to me. I will be a grey owner again; I know that's what Yogi & Maris would want -- to open up my heart to new ones and keep the love going...

Yours,Lisa

Two SEGA hounds that were having their afternoon (leashed) walk yesterday were attacked and killed by two pit bulls that were let out of a house unleashed by the pet sitter. Their owner is obviously devastated by their deaths and is staying with friends until she can come to grips with what happened.

She has a police report, AC was contacted and it appears they have had other reports of these dogs being loose.

Please say a prayer for Maris, Yogi and their mom.

Edited by goofydog

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Two SEGA hounds that were having their afternoon (leashed) walk yesterday were attacked and killed by two pit bulls that were let out of a house unleashed by the pet sitter. Their owner is obviously devastated by their deaths and is staying with friends until she can come to grips with what happened.

She has a police report, AC was contacted and it appears they have had other reports of these dogs being loose.

Please say a prayer for Maris, Yogi and their mom.

My goodness, I can't imagine. Please give her my condolences. I am so sorry.

...............Chase (FTH Smooth Talker), Morgan (Cata), Reggie (Gable Caney), Rufus
(Reward RJ). Fosters check in, but they don't check out.
Forever loved -- Cosmo (System Br Mynoel), March 11, 2002 - October 8, 2009.
Miss Cosmo was a lady. And a lady always knows when to leave.

Guest multigrey

I am shocked and horrified.....that poor woman. I can't imagine how she is going to get through this.

Godspeed Maris and Yogi......

My condolences to this family.

Oh my gosh, what a horrible experience to have. My heart goes out to their mom. Godspeed Maris & Jogi.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

OMG- how totally devasting. I'm sick over this.

Please send our condolences.

Something should be done. While nothing can bring back these 2- there should be some kind of penalty so that these dogs can not be let off leash, even accidently without a serious penalty to the owner. And if this has happened before, then it is no longer accidental.

If the owner was held accountable - again. If she was sued for A LOT of money, it wouldn't happen. The woman could keep the money or donate it... whatever. But something should be done in honor of these poor dogs.

What a nightmare.

Edited by RobinM

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

I can't begin to imagine the horror and sorrow their person must feel. Gentlest hugs to her.

Godspeed, innocent puppers.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Oh my God, how horrible!! :cry1 :cry1 :cry1

please send their mom our condolences! :sad1 :sad1

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

:cry1 Those poor, poor pups :( Healing thoughts for their mom...

Meredith with Heyokha (HUS Me Teddy) and Crow (Mike Milbury). Missing Turbo (Sendahl Boss), Pancho, JoJo, and "Fat Stacks" Juana, the psycho kitty. Canku wakan kin manipi.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire

Guest IrskasMom

OMG ,that is devastating . I am angry and horrified over this.Gentle Hugs for their Mom. Godspeed Maris & Yogi :f_red:grouphug:f_red

Edited by IrskasMom

Oh I am so sorry :(

gallery_12867_3348_20333.jpg
~Beth, with a crazy mixed crew of misfits.
~ Forever and Always missing and loving Steak, Carmen, Ivy, Isis, and Madi.
Don't cry because it's ended, Smile because it happened.
Before you judge me, try to keep an open mind, not everyone likes your taste.

Guest PhillyPups

I am stunned an horrified. My prayers for the owner of these sweet hounds.

This is my worst nightmare and why I no longer walk my dogs in my neighborhood.

Run with the angels sweet babies. ~