Hershey Back In The Hospital

Hershey is back in the hospital and will be having surgery by one of the surgeons. She did do some damage to her tail so they have to re-suture it and the ER vet thought it would be better to have one of the surgeons do it. More money but what can I do?

It is better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all

Missing my Big Blue eyed Bear

Vet called to let me know that surgery went well and she can come home in the am. She will be on an anti imflamatory/pain med and an antibiotic for at least another week. That girl is going to be the death of me yet. She managed to rip out her sutures with an e-collar on when she was spayed for the second time so he had to re-sew her with sutures

Glad to hear that the surgery went well. I hope she heals quickly and you have a smoother start to the New Year.

Cosmo (Fuzz Face Cosmos), Holmes (He's a Dream), Boomer (USS Baby Boomer), Ella and missing our angels Clay (Red Clay), Train (Nite Train), Trip (Bock's Teddy Bear),Larry (Bohemian Frigid) and Jimmy (Bohemian Raw)

Hershey, quit giving your momma a hard time! {{{{{{{{{{Beryl}}}}}}}}}}

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest 3greysinPA

Vet called to let me know that surgery went well and she can come home in the am. She will be on an anti imflamatory/pain med and an antibiotic for at least another week. That girl is going to be the death of me yet. She managed to rip out her sutures with an e-collar on when she was spayed for the second time so he had to re-sew her with sutures

I am so happy that the surgery went well. Sending lots of Get Well Wishes for Hershey.

• 3 weeks later...

Hershey had her sutures removed and everything healed up well. There was a scab on one of the sutures that bled a little so we had to keep her cone collar on for a little longer. She is doing greyt and is still is very sassy and demanding. She has now decided that she will eat her breakfast in two sittings....

Guest Adrianne

I'm glad she's doing well.

Those little girls can be quite the sass monsters--all the females in my house have been stubborn, opinionated, and quite independent-minded, myself included. lol.gif The guys just seem to go with the flow.

Beryl, I'm sorry to hear she's being such a brat, but it sounds like it went well.

Does muzzling help or does she still get to her boo-boo?

These hounds are going to be the death of us yet.

We ended up with a 30" e-collar which cost me $36.00 and she beat the heck out of it and still tried to get to the tail. At least the biospy said it was not cancer so now I call her Stub Tail Hershey. I have been trying to get a good pic but she moves everytime I get the camera near her