Bailey Is Still With Us

For those who aren't aware, Bailey had an ultrasound yesterday and we thought we were dealing with diet issues, however, she has cancerous tumours in her stomach and her lymph nodes are also involved. I was not expecting this at all and was overwhelmed, but felt too pressured to make a decision, so on my vet's advice we brought her home with some meds to make her comfortable. The vet who did the ultrasound is an expert and often gets called in for tough cases so we really had 3 different opinions and they all agreed that it was cancer and chemo and radiation may give her a few extra weeks. We opted to keep her comfortable since she is timid and this would be a horrible experience for her.

I haven't left her side since we brought her home yesterday. The vet gave us something to coat her stomach so she has been eating yogurt. She came over for her lovins (she walks over to my chair and waits to be petted and get a belly rub :wub:) she went out for a short walk this morning and now is laying in her new bed in the sun.

I haven't ate since I brought her home and I have cried a ton of tears. I called in sick yesterday afternoon and today. I don't care what happens at work...I want to spend these last few moments by her side. Thanks for your kind words and support as we go through this most painful time.

Edited by greytpups

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For those who aren't aware, Bailey had an ultrasound yesterday and we thought we were dealing with diet issues, however, she has cancerous tumours in her stomach and her lymph nodes are also involved. I was not expecting this at all and was overwhelmed, but felt too pressured to make a decision, so on my vet's advice we brought her home with some meds to make her comfortable. The vet who did the ultrasound is an expert and often gets called in for tough cases so we really had 3 different opinions and they all agreed that it was cancer and chemo and radiation may give her a few extra weeks. We opted to keep her comfortable since she is timid and this would be a horrible experience for her.

I haven't left her side since we brought her home yesterday. The vet gave us something to coat her stomach so she has been eating yogurt. She came over for her lovins (she walks over to my chair and waits to be petted and get a belly rub :wub:) she went out for a short walk this morning and now is laying in her new bed in the sun.

I haven't ate since I brought her home and I have cried a ton of tears. I called in sick yesterday afternoon and today. I don't care what happens at work...I want to spend these last few moments by her side. Thanks for your kind words and support as we go through this most painful time.

tons of prayers for you and Bailey. May you find the comfort, strength and peace you deserve. Bailey lives in the moment. I hope you can too. I'm really so terribly sorry. Make the most of this time.

Edited by Devotion

scootersig_A4.jpg

Pam with greys Avril, Dalton & Zeus & Diddy the dachshund & Miss Buzz the kitty

Devotion, Jingle Bells, Rocky, Hans, Harbor, Lennon, NoLa, Scooter, Naomi and Scout at the bridge

tons of prayers for you and Bailey. May you find the comfort, strength and peace you deserve. Bailey lives in the moment. I hope you can too. I'm really so terribly sorry. Make the most of this time.

I couldn't have said it better than this. You are in my thoughts. :bighug

gallery_4518_2903_2157.jpg
~Aimee, with Flower, Alan, Queenie, & Spodee Odee! And forever in my heart: Tipper, Sissy, Chancy, Marla, Dazzle, Alimony, and Boo. This list is too damned long.

Guest K9Cookies

I know how you feel. I didn't eat when Bonnie was really sick either. It was a lesson I learned the hard way. Force yourself to eat a little something when Bailey eats. It will give you strength when you need it. :grouphug

We'll be thinking about you and Bailey. Make some good memories. :cry1

I saw the locked Bailey threads and feared the worst. But didn't see anything other than you decided to bring her home yesterday. I was even going to post a new thread asking, but thought that if you did lose her, it would hurt too much.

I'm glad you have these few precious moments left with her. (even though I'm devastated at the news).

And I'm totally with you regarding work. When I lost Topaz 10 yrs ago, I had a new job and no sick time yet. I still went home sick. Thank God I had a very understanding new boss.

I'm so very sorry.

I think you did exactly the right thing. As sad as you are, I hope you can enjoy your remaining time together.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Guest Whistle

I am so sorry. I have been there all too recently. Pam is right - remember Bailey lives in the moment, and she is not afraid. She knows how much you love her. Just keep giving her "lovin" and doing what you are doing.

Guest jettcricket

Sending tons of prayers, white light and support to you and your sweet baby girl. I've been there and I so know how incredibly hard it is as many of us have been thru it. :grouphug

Guest Che_mar_Cody

I couldn't have said it better than this. You are in my thoughts. :bighug

:nod exactly

Guest vahoundlover

Keeping you and Bailey in my prayers. I'm so sorry for this horrible news. Spoil your girlie rotten and make every moment special. grouphug.gif

Spend each day making memories. Take lots of photos and enjoy your special girl.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

Guest Energy11

I totally would have done the exact same thing! MY dogs come totally first in my life, and I am glad you are getting more time to love and be with Bailey! Sending you lots of love and tons or prayers!

Guest mcsheltie

I can't add much to what the wise people here have already said. Besides praying for strength and peace for you. I hope this time will bring a constant exchange of love between the two of you. Your hearts are one and will always be that way, nothinng can change that.

I am sending love from our house to yours.