Ie6, Ie7 And Ie8 Users Having Problems

Jeff

I'm on IE6 and I can't see the text boxes to post a reply. It was working until last night. I will go delete my temp files and see if that helps.

Last night we did an update. That's when it broke.

If you are using AOL to get to IE6, it is AOL that is the issue.

If you are on a home machine and using IE6, upgrade, IE6 will not be supported by MS very soon (maybe already). New versions are out, or change to a different browser (Firefox, Chrome)

I'm one of those lucky ones- the nursing home where I work uses IE 6, I can't upgrade nor can I doownload anything else

:lol

gallery_2213_3086_11460.jpg

Kari and the pups.
Run free sweet Hana 9/21/08-9/12/10. Missing Sparks with every breath.
Passion 10/16/02-5/25/17

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest 3greysinPA

IE8 - cleared temp files..... still have a layering problem when reply or posting a message.

this layering problem is exactly what is happening to at work...

Originally i had no problems with the new GT..and then today it was like a new boards.. i just could not post...

when i would hit add post i could not type in the box.. it was covered with the font box.

Anyway... at home everything seems fine.. but at work today was the first time i had issues..

which really stinks because sometimes i need a GT fix during the course of my work day.

ETA: We do not use AOL at work.. but i would bet it is an old version of Internet Explorer.. not sure... but anyway.. on Monday i will try to clear the files.. and see if that helps...

i guess i will take my laptop to work on Monday..

Edited by 3greysinPA

I'll try when I go to work this morning, but it was the same after I:

deleted temp files etc as suggested

updated to IE8 optimum

restarted computer by restarting (not shutting down completely)

hard refresh

Maybe shutting completely down will fix it.

btw - I was able to log out and back in.

Edited by Burpdog

Diane & The Senior Gang

Burpdog Biscuits

Guest LindsaySF

I'm on IE6 and deleting my temp files did not work. :angry:

I gave in and downloaded Google Chrome. That is working and I can see the text box when I reply now. Thanks.

Guest HappyHarleysMom

Chrome got rid of my problems and I sure like it better than IE or regular Google. It's a lot faster - great tip, Jeff, thanks!

I wonder if those who have bosses that may get mad, if you told them it is just a quicker search engine for when you need to hook up to the internet for some job related activity?

Just a thought. That's exactly what I would have told my old boss when I worked in an office - that Chrome was faster for searching the dept of revenue, or going online to pay sales tax to the state (I was an accounting manager), or searching social security, you know, something that relates to your job.

You would still have your old way to getting to the internet. It just adds another icon on your desktop for Chrome. You don't even have to make it your default search, I believe. Or don't have an icon on the desktop - just get to it from Start-All Programs-Google Chrome.

Anyway, it got rid of my split text box and it only took about a minute to download (maybe two minutes)!

Guest BlueCrab

I think I'm dumber than all ya'all. Work computer is problematic, but I can't change anything there. I tried getting in at home yesterday and it was all wonky so I finally gave up. Tonight when I get home I'll try Chrome and see if that helps. I know we're still using a dinosaur computer at home....and I know we haven't upgraded much of anything. The computer is parked next to my abacus that I use for all my math. :lol

Nothing has worked on the work computer and I wonder if our firewalls have anything to do with it?

So, when I invite someone to GT now, I have to make sure I point them to this thread :(

I know you guys are putting in a lot of work on this. I just wish isn't wasn't so much work to use here at work :lol

Diane & The Senior Gang

Burpdog Biscuits

IE8 here - still problems....... history automaticly deletes every close/open...... having trouble posting pics too - even the same ones I did before

PS: Jeff - do you have any hair left :)

Tina dogmom to Rocket and Angels Cofax (my girl) 5/9/01-7/1/10(OS), ReRun (my boy)(4/18/95-4/19/07 Heart tumor)) Dedicating my life as much as I could - to keeping the smile alive of my Lambie Pie - lost 12/04 to Rocky Mtn Spotted Fever.... & then there's the hubby - Bob

.... http://www.freewebs.com/3nofleas/ .

Work is the same.

Question on the compatibility issue. I have added GT to the sites but also, the box checked to have all websites in compatibility mode.

Is it possible the firewall we have is doing this? I have no problems at home.

The donation button is now at the bottom of the screen!! :)

Diane & The Senior Gang

Burpdog Biscuits

history clearing has nothing to do with cache/temp file deletion.

I answered the firewall question in the tech forum when you asked. No, not a firewall issue.

I set the javascript to uncompress to see if you could pull a new version down and fix your issues. Going to compress and cache it again, since it didn't help.

large.greyhound_signature.gif

Message from Diane: My home computer has the version that works

interesting........ Bob(the hubby here) got funny..... said the IC........ was the International Cats version and it rebelled against greyhounds (goof ball).......I Just did something interesting .... solved some of the problems.......go to any place....... add reply........ at the very bottom see:

Help with attaching files

click on link..... takes you to your settings....... check each box:

Posting Settings

• <LI class="field checkbox"> Enable visual (RTE) editor?
    Rich Text Editor requires IE6+, Mozilla / Firefox 3.0+, Safari 4+, Google Chrome, or Opera 9+
  • Enable flash uploader?

Got rid of most of the layer problems....... but I still can't post pics.... even a 1KB piece.

Tina dogmom to Rocket and Angels Cofax (my girl) 5/9/01-7/1/10(OS), ReRun (my boy)(4/18/95-4/19/07 Heart tumor)) Dedicating my life as much as I could - to keeping the smile alive of my Lambie Pie - lost 12/04 to Rocky Mtn Spotted Fever.... & then there's the hubby - Bob

.... http://www.freewebs.com/3nofleas/ .