Ie6, Ie7 And Ie8 Users Having Problems

Jeff

Well, clearing everything didn't help but did have some interesting side effects on my start menu. :lol Doesn't really matter, I'm used to it now and it doesn't bother me to have the box floating around. It still works the same.

Those who would give up Essential Liberty
to purchase a little Temporary Safety,
deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.
Ben Franklin

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just discovered the same thing Claudia did, I have AOL and that is what I use normally to do everything. I just thought HEY ... try launching IE and using it. Voila! Stuff is normal, I have Rich Text capabilities, but no siggies to be seen anywhere, and I no longer have spell check.

I can just see Jeff shaking his head and saying a few choice words ...

gallery_13728_3197_7131.jpg

Charla, Mom to Carl ( Bella Monsoon ) 5/2002 - 9/2016 and remembering Gracie Rose ( Cee Bar Xtreme ) 2/2002 - 1/2014

I just discovered the same thing Claudia did, I have AOL and that is what I use normally to do everything. I just thought HEY ... try launching IE and using it. Voila! Stuff is normal, I have Rich Text capabilities, but no siggies to be seen anywhere, and I no longer have spell check.

I can just see Jeff shaking his head and saying a few choice words ...

Well you're way ahead of me because I was clicking on AOL and thought because I have IE8 on my computer, that's what I was using.

Oh yeh, he's doing more than shaking his head I'm sure :lol

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

Guest FullMetalFrank

I was having the problems last night before I upgraded to IE8. I also tried Chrome; it is very speedy just like Jeff says. I currently have both installed and I may eventually just switch completely over to Chrome but for now I have both (there are some things I like better about IE8, favorites and such) but Chrome is faster. For that matter, IE8 is a lot faster than IE6 was! I guess I just didn't realize what a dinosaur it had become.

yeah, here is basic speed comparison, IE7 is the 1.0 baseline, so Firefox is 9 times faster, than IE7, Chrome is 13 times faster, etc.... very basic comparison...

Since this was done, the security updates released for IE8, have slowed it from from 2x, down to IE7 1x levels.

browser-in-windows-7-the-average-speed-up-by-12.jpg?w=499&h=344

webbrowser-performance-index.jpg

And in the most current comparison, the increases are even larger!!

4019.jpg

large.greyhound_signature.gif

Jeff , I made sure the approriate boxes where checked ... they where. The ONLY siggy I see is Claudia's and I cannot see any pictures posted in the forums or for that matter the Greytalk header if I use IE as a browser.

Using AOL 9.0 browser I see pictures, siggies, avitars but have the format bar in the middle of the reply box and no rich text.

I am going to see if I can optimize IE 8 a little later tonight.

gallery_13728_3197_7131.jpg

Charla, Mom to Carl ( Bella Monsoon ) 5/2002 - 9/2016 and remembering Gracie Rose ( Cee Bar Xtreme ) 2/2002 - 1/2014

I'm on IE6 and I can't see the text boxes to post a reply. It was working until last night. I will go delete my temp files and see if that helps.

Last night we did an update. That's when it broke.

If you are using AOL to get to IE6, it is AOL that is the issue.

If you are on a home machine and using IE6, upgrade, IE6 will not be supported by MS very soon (maybe already). New versions are out, or change to a different browser (Firefox, Chrome)

Ooooh, here we are in Chrome and it works! Must say, that was the fastest install ever. Thanks for the tip, Jeff.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

I just want to say thank you Jeff and Trudy. When either of you have to respond to me you always need to do it in simple terms and I really do appreciate that. I truly am not a complete idiot but in my field computers have never been necessary so I just don't have the experience

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

home is fine, work is not and I'm not downloading another program. Can just see talking with boss: downloading because I need to have GT work right....

IE8 on both computers.

Delete your temp files at work (boss shouldn't care about that) and that should fix the issue at work... unless you use AOL there for some reason.

Guest Sportingfields

Thanks guys, everything working fine for me since DH loaded IE8, including that pesky reply box with the toolbar accross the middle, has vanished and is working as intended. I was even able to log out & back in without error messages. Paws up & thank roos!

I did this

IE7 Users

In IE7 I only have 1 computer to test with, GT worked fine with it, but, this should fix you up.

If you are having issues, in IE7, clear your temp files like this:

In the upper right, click TOOLS, and choose DELETE BROWSING HISTORY

In the new window click DELETE FILES and then choose YES

This should fix your display problems.

But still can't see all my typing in the text box

gallery_2213_3086_11460.jpg

Kari and the pups.
Run free sweet Hana 9/21/08-9/12/10. Missing Sparks with every breath.
Passion 10/16/02-5/25/17