Ie6, Ie7 And Ie8 Users Having Problems

Jeff

For IE, a hard refresh did not work for me, but clearing my temp files did. Follow the directions below.

IE6 users, unfortunately you are out of luck, IE6 is past it end of life support, just like Leaded Gas, it is a thing of the past, time to move on. GT will not be fully compatible with IE6. I use IE6 at work, and I was able to view the forum normally, but I could not post, could not type in the text boxes. I did not try clearing my temp files though. On IE6 follow these directions and hopefully it will make GT somewhat usable to you http://www.microsoft...clearcache.mspx I don't have IE6 here, so I can't provide you with screenshots, but there are in the link.

IE7 Users

In IE7 I only have 1 computer to test with, GT worked fine with it, but, this should fix you up.

If you are having issues, in IE7, clear your temp files like this:

In the upper right, click TOOLS, and choose DELETE BROWSING HISTORY

In the new window click DELETE FILES and then choose YES

This should fix your display problems.

IE7_1.png

IE7_2.png

IE8 Users

If you are an IE8 user and having problems, this thread is for you.

I tried GT on 2 different IE8 computers, it worked fine on one and not at all on the other.

On the one that didn't work I needed to clear the temp internet files, once I did that, everything worked perfectly.

IE8_1.png

IE8_2.png

large.greyhound_signature.gif

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IE 7 -- no change from this morning, still funky as posted.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest mountain4greys

What's strange is that it only started happening after the last night's update.

Exactly, same thing here. Worked until last nights update. I cleared everything as requested, and even restarted my computer, but still the same.

EDited to add: What I've been doing since the last update, is that for every post I read, I then hit the reply button, and this will bring up the floating reply box, plus it also show the drop down menu, so I can go to any topic area.

Edited by mountain4greys

which just seems to point to it being a caching issue.

If it were a code issue, everyone using the same browser would see it, but since some do and some don't have problems, it appears to be a caching issue on those local computers.

Hmmm ... wonder if it's a Java version thing. I might not get to trying that till tomorrow night -- don't wanna toast by system until all papers, exams, etc. are done.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Nope, not Java, javascript is something totally different ;)

More making me thing it is a local computer caching issue. As you can see in the image below of Greytalk Browser Access Statistics, 61% of users are using IE at one point or another. While we are having a handful of users with issues, we don't appear to be having 61% of our users having issues, though they do all seem to be with IE.

Users_By_Browser.png

But do we know that it's just a handful of us having issues or is it possible that others having the same issue are just not posting about it

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

sure it's possible, though todays traffic pattern does not support that idea, but it is still possible.

Adding to that is that the 4 computers here, (three with IE8 and one with IE7) have no problems in IE that were not fixed by clearing the temp files. IE8 computers are running WIN7, IE6 is under WIN XP.

And of course, no problems with Firefox 3.5 or 3.6, or Chrome 3 or 4Dev.

Well I love this site too much to just give up and if it means dumping IE so be it. Although I have to admit I have no idea what that even means or how to have it done

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

Well I love this site too much to just give up and if it means dumping IE so be it. Although I have to admit I have no idea what that even means or how to have it done

Enjoy a much faster internet experience http://www.google.com/chrome

Firefox is much faster than IE, night and day, and I continue to use Firefox due to an ad-blocking add on, and a web development ad on that I use.

Google Chrome is much faster than Firefox, night and day again, and light years faster than IE. If you switch, go with Chrome http://www.google.com/chrome

Guest Sportingfields

Okay this weird, I deleted history, cookies ect and when I closed GT, it took me offline. So I get back and see I have to log in, once I enter my info and click submit, I got message below. So I copied & pasted and emailed the help desk, not sure if that addy was valid and was going to try and put tech help forum. Open my browser to do so and find myself logged in and able to post ect. Any idea what that was all about?

And I have a weird split screen, I can add comment to the bottom but can't edit the first sentences due to the Fonts/sizes BIU emoties ect in middle of screen. Screen also covers bottom where report button is and drop menu to other forums.

Edited by Jeff
Removed your personal IP details :)

Jeff, honestly, I have no understanding of computers at all. I really mean at all.I would be better off paying someone to do it for me because I would have no idea what I'm doing. And I don't mind paying someone here to do it

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Yeah, for some reason the end of the URL you were directed to ended in a ?

That is used for SQL injection, you can see a sample of that here, with a hacker trying to do some bad stuff to out forum, and which was blocked.

http:// forum.greytalk.com /?numero=../../../../../../../../../../../../../../../../proc/self/environ?

I am currently having no problems at all with IE 8. But if I were to change to Chrome, understanding that I am only marginally more comfortable with computers than Claudia, will I blow my computer up tongue.gif . Seriously, will I just have th eoption to use either browser when I click onto the internet or do I have to delete IE?

gallery_7628_2929_17259.jpg

Susan, Jessie and Jordy NORTHERN SKY GREYHOUND ADOPTION ASSOCIATION

Jack, in my heart forever March 1999-Nov 21, 2008 My Dancing Queen Jilly with me always and forever Aug 12, 2003-Oct 15, 2010

Joshy I will love you always Aug 1, 2004-Feb 22,2013 Jonah my sweetheart May 2000 - Jan 2015

" You will never need to be alone again. I promise this. As your dog, I will sing this promise to you, and whisper it to you at night, every night, with my breath." Stanley Coren

Well this is going to prove just how ignorant I am about computers. I have IE8 on my computer, however I don't click on it to get to the internet, I click on AOL so it isin't IE that's causing me the issue

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg