Another Diamond Update

We went for a checkup today to make sure the infection was gone. It is. She was given the green light to start her chemo :yay (I'm just upset we're a month behind! :( )

But anyway, she's motoring around, :gh_runner jumping when excited :couchjump , jumping into the SUV (I don't allow anyone to jump out of the SUV, they have to use the ramp). She uses her porch ramp (that I built a week before her surgery) like a pro.

She's learning that she's special now and actually asked for ice cream TWICE in one night. :chow She is feeling really good. :ghplaybow So much so I am beginning to wonder when the bone cancer started. I think it hurt her before she actually started to limp. :broke

All I can say is, I'm glad I did the amputation. Even if due to her late start on the chemo she goes to the bridge sooner than later, she is VERY happy. :gh_bow

Right now, the only thing she can't do that she did before was the length of her walk. :walk But at just 6 weeks post op. We're working on that.

So, the moral of the story is...age doesn't matter. :gramps It's the condition they're in. I listened very closely to all the doctors at OSU and if any one of them said no. Then I wasn't going thru with it. But thtey all agreed, she was in excellent health. And being 12 yrs old shouldn't matter.

:ding

Edited by MP_the4pack

We do have a winner! Congrats! I am soooo happy for you and Diamond!

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Guest greygirls2

That is the GREYTEST news!!!!! I am so happy that Diamond is doing so well and is back to her happyt self. I hope she does as well with the chemo now that the infection has cleared. Hugs and cold wet nose nuzzles from my Diamond to yours!!!!!!!!!

:yay Go Diamond!

My suspicion is that, at least in some cases, OS affects the dog long before it shows on x-rays. Docs don't seem to agree, but...

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Great news that the chemo can start. She sure seemed happy when I saw her on Friday.

By the way......you can borrow a crate from me anytime. Belgian chocolates make a terrific rental price!!! :chocolate

YUM.

Thanks.

ANd my girls thank you for their little gift too. (all gone)

Guest bigorangedog

This is great news!! :yay It gives me hope for Whitey's recovery. We have had a very rough 24 hrs, but it is good to see that there is light at the end of the tunnel.

Good job Diamond!! :colgate

:yay :yay for Diamond

Keep on getting stronger girl!

Deb, and da Croo
In my heart always, my Bridge Angels - Macavity, Tila the wannabe, Dexter, CDN Cold Snap (Candy), PC Herode Boy, WZ Moody, Poco Zinny, EM's Scully, Lonsome Billy, Lucas, Hurry Hannah, Daisy (Apache Blitz), Sadie (Kickapoo Kara), USS Maxi, Sam's Attaboy, Crystal Souza, Gifted Suzy, Zena, and Jetlag who never made it home.

http://www.northernskygreyhounds.com

Guest MorganKonaAlex

Wonderful update. For what it's worth, walking as a tripod takes a lot more energy than a 4-legged dog. Morgan walked 2-3 x/day but given the energy expenditure, it would not be really long walks.