Riley

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Downtownhoundz

Just found about this...how's he doing today ?Thank heavens nothing was broken...the muscles in his legs are probably really sore though. Hugs to your big guy and that cute little guy.. :blush

Guest MomoftheFuzzy

More good thoughts for Riley. I know what it's like when one of us humans takes a spill and has to deal with the resulting soreness and healing -- I can only imagine what it's like for our dogs. Glad to hear nothing is broken.

Feel better, sweet Ry-Ry.

:heart

Poor Riley! I am so sorry he took this bad spill.

Sending :kiss2 and :grouphug

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France

Hmmmm, Riley is doing better, but acting a little strange. Last night he was whining at about 8:30 so I took him outside in case he had to go to the bathroom. He drank a lot of water and did eat a few bites of his food mixed w baby food. Anyway, he peed and then he lay down and fell asleep! It was so adorable, and I hated waking him, but at about 10:00 I brought him back inside. It was drizzling outside so I figured it must have been nice and cool.

But he kept whining and crying in his crate, so I took him outside again in case he had to poop or pee again, and he lay down again and seemed so happy and relaxed outside. So I left him out there ( I am sleeping on the couch that is against the window where the yard is, so I could see him the whole time). I woke up a bunch of times and tried to get him in, but he wanted to stay. He is still out there now and it is raining and a little chilly. He never goes out when it rains. Otherwise he seems ok... still no weight on the foot, very shaky back legs, and some panting, but much more relaxed. He ate a few bites of breakfast but not much.

Am I being silly, or is this kinda weird? Should I just let him do what he wants? He is supposed to be on bed rest, but I don't think he's moved too much out there, so is he ok?

Guest Greytluv
He's home :) I think there is a slight improvement from last night. He drank some water, but still no food. I gave him another Valium along with his pain meds. He is in his crate, laying down, but still panting and occasionally crying.

Jabari has been stressed out about his brother. He was so happy when he came home. He kept trying to get in the crate so I let him in for a second. Riley actually laid his head down for a minute :wub: You can see Jabari bouncing up and down from Riley's breathing. I didn't want him to stay in there too long, but I put a bed near his crate so he can lay near him without disturbing him. He loves his big brother so much. :cry1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOWDqzod5vo

His daddy is at the store picking up some hamburger and chicken baby food, and already brought home lots of throw rugs, a babygate and an a/c. :wub:

That is the sweetest video. Jabari really loves his brother :wub:

Ok, I just brought him in b/c I have to go to work soon. He is soaking wet, and bugs were flying all over him. Very weird. Now he is stressed being in the crate, but I can't leave him free b/c he will try to hobble around. Maybe the meds are making him feel weird. I know I have lay down in the grass a few times when I've been drunk :lol

Suspect it is the meds, Lucy. What all is he getting? Is there something you can safely stop or give a lower dose of?

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Ok, I just brought him in b/c I have to go to work soon. He is soaking wet, and bugs were flying all over him. Very weird. Now he is stressed being in the crate, but I can't leave him free b/c he will try to hobble around. Maybe the meds are making him feel weird. I know I have lay down in the grass a few times when I've been drunk :lol

:lol :lol :lol

I would xpen him in a smaller area, and not crate him, he obviously isn't liking the crate. Poor baby, I hate when they don't feel well and are acting strange. :grouphug

GTSig.jpg

Shannon, mom to Shae, Jesse James and Linus the Chinese Cresteds,and bridge angels Sydney Sue and Stewart.

:lol

Poor Riley. It could be that he's associating the house with being hurt.. but it could also be that the pain meds are making him feel hot and as if he needs air.

When Jim's congestive heart failure was getting really bad and he was on several different meds, he wanted to keep going in and out, and spent a lot of time out on a bed on the patio - and he was panting, too. We had to encourage him inside, and it was winter! No snow or ice, but wind and dampness and cold. I figured it was the meds, but the vet didn't know if they would do that. Maybe it's another 'greyhound' response to some drugs?

GTAvatar-2015_zpsb0oqcimj.jpg

The plural of anecdote is not data

Brambleberry Greyhounds My Etsy Shop