Riley

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's about the same. His shoulder & leg don't appear to be swollen, but his paw is still filled w fluid. He is putting a small amount of weight on the leg, maybe 50% of time? He still would like to live outside but I finally moved off the couch & we slept upstairs in the new AC we installed just for him (his daddy carried him up & down). Thanks for asking about him!!!

Hi Lucy,

I have read your thread about your sweet Riley. I suppose that he has a tendon injury and the purple colour in the leg

can be due to a severe traumatism in the upper area. Blood vessels got destroyed and the fluid can be some blood

running down the leg and giving the purple colour. Ivy had that once.I personally would not give too many meds as they often mask the real problem and can make the hound confident to move more than he should.

I wish you luck and hope that your sweet boy will get back to his normal cute self soon...

Greetings,

Marion and Soldi

--------------------------------------------

user posted imageuser posted image

Marion, Ivy & Soldi

Perseverance is not a long race...

it is many short races one after another.

Hi Camille, thanks for asking about Riley!

He is doing ok. He is still holding the leg up with it curled under when standing, but does put some weight on it some of the time when walking. He is getting good at doing things on 3 legs. He has also been very, very tired, which I hope is his body healing.

I am trying to keep in mind how traumatic this was for him, and how far he has come. I am sure it will be awhile longer before he is back to normal. I can't wait to take him for a walk again.

Guest FreddyGirl

Lucy,

I just encountered this thread and my heart has been breaking for you. I have just read every one of your posts and have been holding my breath to see how he faired. Thank Goodness, Riley, the trooper that he seems to be, is on the mend. How frightening this must have been. Sending best wishes that he continues to heal nicely.

Nancy

Continuing to read the thread and glad to see such great improvement. Have you told Riley what a fan club he has? Hoping you are reading each post to him so he knows how much the GT folks love him. He is such a handsome boy!

Riley ---- 266 posts. WOW! You are the MAN!

Edited by brandimom

gallery_19161_3282_5037.jpg

Continuing to read the thread and glad to see such great improvement. Have you told Riley what a fan club he has? Hoping you are reading each post to him so he knows how much the GT folks love him. He is such a handsome boy!

Riley ---- 266 posts. WOW! You are the MAN!

:lol

I did actually tell him this many times when he was really not feeling well :blush You guys are the best!! You all helped get both Riley and I through a very tough couple of weeks. I can't thank you all enough :grouphug

Glad to hear Riley is still getting better, however slowly that may be :) He's never been far from my mind! :wub:

Kristin in Moline, IL USA with Ozzie (MRL Crusin Clem), Clarice (Clarice McBones), Latte and Sage the IGs, and the kitties: Violet and Rose
Lovingly Remembered: Sutra (Fliowa Sutra) 12/02/97-10/12/10, Pinky (Pick Me) 04/20/03-11/19/12, Fritz (Fritz Fire) 02/05/01 - 05/20/13, Ace (Fantastic Ace) 02/05/01 - 07/05/13, and Carrie (Takin the Crumbs) 05/08/99 - 09/04/13.

A cure for cancer can't come soon enough.--

Guest BlackandBrindle

I haven't posted, but I've read through the thread and wanted to let you know that we've sent lots of good healing thoughts Riley's way.

So glad he continues to show improvement!

:kiss2 for Riley