Riley

Updates? Sending prayers.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sending lots of prayers that it's nothing serious and that Riley will be okay!!!

...............Chase (FTH Smooth Talker), Morgan (Cata), Reggie (Gable Caney), Rufus
(Reward RJ). Fosters check in, but they don't check out.
Forever loved -- Cosmo (System Br Mynoel), March 11, 2002 - October 8, 2009.
Miss Cosmo was a lady. And a lady always knows when to leave.

Adding my :getwell wishes and good thoughts for your precious boy. :hope

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

I know that you are so relieved to hear that good new! Good luck, I hope that he gets to feeling better soon!

Edited for spelling

Edited by cgl0909

Glad to hear no broken bones. I'm praying you both have a good night. :bighug for you and :kiss2 for Riley

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.

He's home :) I think there is a slight improvement from last night. He drank some water, but still no food. I gave him another Valium along with his pain meds. He is in his crate, laying down, but still panting and occasionally crying.

Jabari has been stressed out about his brother. He was so happy when he came home. He kept trying to get in the crate so I let him in for a second. Riley actually laid his head down for a minute :wub: You can see Jabari bouncing up and down from Riley's breathing. I didn't want him to stay in there too long, but I put a bed near his crate so he can lay near him without disturbing him. He loves his big brother so much. :cry1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOWDqzod5vo

His daddy is at the store picking up some hamburger and chicken baby food, and already brought home lots of throw rugs, a babygate and an a/c. :wub:

Glad to hear nothing is broken. I hope Riley gets some relief soon...Jabari being concerned about him looks just like Skimmie when he's concerned about one of my big kids...those little guys just seem to know what's going on! He's ALWAYS sticking his nose in their mouths - does Jabari do that a lot too?

I bet the panting is just mostly from the stress of the day. Bet the meds and the a/c will help a ton.

Prayers for a restful night for everyone!

Kristin in Moline, IL USA with Ozzie (MRL Crusin Clem), Clarice (Clarice McBones), Latte and Sage the IGs, and the kitties: Violet and Rose
Lovingly Remembered: Sutra (Fliowa Sutra) 12/02/97-10/12/10, Pinky (Pick Me) 04/20/03-11/19/12, Fritz (Fritz Fire) 02/05/01 - 05/20/13, Ace (Fantastic Ace) 02/05/01 - 07/05/13, and Carrie (Takin the Crumbs) 05/08/99 - 09/04/13.

A cure for cancer can't come soon enough.--

Just heard from the vet... nothing broken :confetti

But, she is concerned that he is still exhibiting this much pain with all the meds he has gotten. He is a really sensitive guy, so hopefully that is the reason. I'll go pick him up in a couple of hours. I really hope tonight goes better than last night.

Oh, poor Riley! What a complete idiot that eVet was! :angry

Jim did the splits on our kitchen floor and never would enter the room again. I put a plate of warm turkey on the floor couple of yards in to try to tempt him, months later, but though he whined and cried and jiggled from foot to foot, he would NOT set a paw on the Evil Floor.

He limped for months. I kept going back to the vet and he kept saying 'rest it'. Eventually, about five months later, I got a referral to a vet school at my insistence. Turned out he'd torn his tensor fascia lata - a hip abductor. There was an op they could do, but the vet said it was 50-50 whether there'd be any improvement, and he was walking well by then, just with a slight limp. We decided that since I didn't want to race him, and he didn't seem in too much pain at that point, we'd leave it. Eventually it did improve to the point where the limp had pretty much gone, but it came back as he aged.

You might want to get a referral for Riley if he doesn't improve within a short time. IF there's a repair job that can help him, you'd want to know sooner rather than later, I would think. The hip is a complex joint, with muscles and tendons going all over the place to keep the joint stable and allow a full range of motion. All kinds of ligaments in there to tear. :(

I hope Riley feels better soon. Poor guy, he does look uncomfortable.

GTAvatar-2015_zpsb0oqcimj.jpg

The plural of anecdote is not data

Brambleberry Greyhounds My Etsy Shop