Sugar

Guest Maxx

Sugar (Sugarnooche) came into our lives rather unexpectedly a few weeks ago. Technically she was our foster, but from the moment we met her, we knew she was not going anywhere. She trotted into our home and into our hearts as if she understood that they both belonged to her. She made herself at home, playing in the yard with our other dogs, and snuggling with us as much as she could.

Even though she had only been in our home for two weeks, I loved her so much and will miss so many things... The silly way she scrunched her nose up and smiled ear to ear whenever she woke up and saw me or when I came in the door. The way, even in her sleep, if you said her name she would thump her tail. Her insistence on sleeping as close to our bed as she could. The joy she found in small things like treats and soft beds. The night before she passed, she climbed up into our bed and snuggled her little head into my neck. I was so happy to know she understood that she was loved, and that she was happy.

Yesterday, she bloated for no reason we've been able to determine. We caught it early enough, we thought. She made it through surgery quickly, with no complications. It looked as though we were homefree, and we all celebrated and looked forward to visiting her today. Unfortunately, it was not to be. Sugar stopped breathing late last night, and shortly after that her heart stopped. We got the call and drove as fast as we could, but it was too late. OSU is baffled. We are heartbroken.

We are going to finalize her adoption and bring her ashes home. We promised her a forever home, and she has one.

Goodbye, Sugar.

You were a great racer, but more importantly - you were an amazingly sweet, gentle and loving girl and a beautiful soul. I'm so sorry that all we could give you was two weeks of being part of our family. You deserved so much more.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am so sorry. Godspeed beautiful girl. :grouphug:f_pink Run with our Angels sweetheart. :grouphug

Edited by patricia

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

I am so sorry. How sad that you hardly had enough time to spend with your girl. If it is any comfort to you, she left this earth knowing she was well loved.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

Sugar received a lifetime of love in 2 weeks...how wonderful for her! She also has her forever home.

Run with the Angels, Sugar!

Denise & Strider, Blake, Fields, Frank, FlippyDoo, and Momma Gail.

The Bridge Angels Zack(Ags Marble Chip) 4/25/93-2/16/06, Wanda(Rainier Rowanda) 12/14/94-06/09/06, Brooke/Boogers(Rainier Restive) 01/01/99-10/20/08, Warlock(Rainier Rammer) 4/29/99-10/01/09), Patsie(Frisky Patsy) 5/17/96-2/05/10, Hatter(Cals Madhatter) 6/3/00-3/11/10, Dodger(Rainier Ransack) 4/29/99-4/16/10, and Sparkle(Okie Sparkle) 11/8/2000-1/28/11

How heartbreaking. I'm so sorry, but I'm sure she knew she was home.

Mary, mom to kitty Rebel.
Always missing Sherri (SO DELICIOUS) (12/6/2005-8/29/2018) kitties Marley (4/2000-12/3/2015) and Beady (4/1998-2/24/2006) and Dalmatian Daisy (7/25/1984-5/13/1999).

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work

and give to those who would not - Thomas Jefferson

Oh my gosh, I am so sorry. :( How wonderful, though, that she was loved.

Edited by Tracey

...............Chase (FTH Smooth Talker), Morgan (Cata), Reggie (Gable Caney), Rufus
(Reward RJ). Fosters check in, but they don't check out.
Forever loved -- Cosmo (System Br Mynoel), March 11, 2002 - October 8, 2009.
Miss Cosmo was a lady. And a lady always knows when to leave.

I think those two weeks were a lifetime to her. How wonderful that she and you had them together. I'm so very sorry for your loss. Godspeed sweetie. You left this world knowing you were loved, totally and completely.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee