Quilty's Path Report Is In - 1st Post

Guest KennelMom

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest KennelMom
Quilty was looking MUCH brigher this morning. At last turnout last night I gave her the option of heading up to the house or back to the kennel and she wanted to stay in the kennel. But, this morning after breakfast she headed up to the house. So she's back here with the pack now :) I think that's a great sign. Her belly wrap comes off tomorrow but what I can see of the stitches looks good and the swelling has gone down a lot.

Let us know is she starts her barking routine for dinner. That will be the for sure sign she's feeling like her old self again :lol

Glad she's felt good enough to head back to the house with the rest of the crew :thumbs-up

Well, she didn't bark for dinner tonight, but she got up from her bed, walked over to Ken and stared him down with "the look" :lol She baaaaaaaaaaaack! We cut her belly bandage off and she looks so different without her tumor! Girl's got her figure back...I'll have to get pics tomorrow.

Quility,

Get better soon!! We are thinking of you!

Amy and Maddie

Amy Human Mommy to fur baby Maddie (Doobiesaurus) TDI certified. May 5, 2002-September 12, 2014 and Mille (Mac's Bayou Baby)CGC, TDI certified.

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj93/Chillyhorse/siggies/maddie.jpg"]http://i270. photobucket.com/albums/jj93/Chillyhorse/siggies/maddie.jpg[/img]

Quility,

Get better soon!! We are thinking of you! :getwell

Amy and Maddie

Edited by Maddiesmom

Amy Human Mommy to fur baby Maddie (Doobiesaurus) TDI certified. May 5, 2002-September 12, 2014 and Mille (Mac's Bayou Baby)CGC, TDI certified.

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj93/Chillyhorse/siggies/maddie.jpg"]http://i270. photobucket.com/albums/jj93/Chillyhorse/siggies/maddie.jpg[/img]

Guest wdlndgreasil

From your original pictures - I think it's more shocking the vet's office didn't have the decency to color-coordinate the bandage on her tuck to the one on her wrist. :D

While not matching, it's glad to know she's on the mend!

Guest 3greysinPA

just wanted to check in and say that i am hoping that Quilty is doing good tonight... and healing... and recovering...

Get Well Quilty... many prayers to you and hugs to your mom and dad

Guest 3greysinPA

So, good news is margins were clean... yay.. that is good... and more good news that she is up and doing well...

but i am so sorry to hear that it was malignant... hugs for the beautiful Queen...

What is the prognosis for other tumors when its something like that?

Guest KennelMom
So, good news is margins were clean... yay.. that is good... and more good news that she is up and doing well...

but i am so sorry to hear that it was malignant... hugs for the beautiful Queen...

What is the prognosis for other tumors when its something like that?

I'm not really sure, to be honest. Burpdog might have a good idea about those kinds of stats.

We did talk about chemo and we could start that, but after discussing it with our vet we have opted not to go that route at this point. Chemo for mixed malignant mammary tumors of her type isn't well researched or well documented and it's not the treatment of choice as it is for other cancers. At 13 1/2 with clear lungs, great blood work and clean margins on a well-localized, slow-growing tumor we're just going to watch things.

I had a cat with mammary tumors, and we just kept a close watch and kept taking them off right away, and she lived for 4 years post diagnosis. Quilty is in awesome hands, so I'm sure this is just a blip on the radar. It's going to take more than that to keep a Queen down!!!!!

Wow, Quilty looks better every day! :banana

I'm sorry the tumor was malignant too, but it least it hasn't spread and you guys seem to have matters well in hand.

OK, Heather, off topic but I have to ask--who is the pretty cowdoggie standing behind Queen Quilty in the new pic you posted of her?

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France

Guest KennelMom
OK, Heather, off topic but I have to ask--who is the pretty cowdoggie standing behind Queen Quilty in the new pic you posted of her?

That's my silly boy Rocky...littermate to our girl Echo and son of our Bridgekid Grandpa. I waited for many months for him to grade off...but he was a trainers favorite and she kept giving him chance after chance to try to make it (at JCKC :rolleyes: ) He's such a good boy, but lazy as the day is long. :lol

That's my silly boy Rocky...littermate to our girl Echo and son of our Bridgekid Grandpa. I waited for many months for him to grade off...but he was a trainers favorite and she kept giving him chance after chance to try to make it (at JCKC :rolleyes: ) He's such a good boy, but lazy as the day is long. :lol

Boy is Rocky ever a looker!! :beatheart Just saw his greyhound-data pics.

My cowboy Robin was a JCKC hound as well.

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France

Hey, that's not as bad as it could have been. I think it's good news if only half the tumor was cancer and they got it all including a clean lymph node! What an amazing girl she is!

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

Guest GreysAndMoreGreys

Not the worlds best news but I have to agree with you guys on the way you are proceeding with all of this.

No cancer in that lymph node they removed is super news! Clean x-rays on the lungs, even better news.

Yup this old gal is going to be around driving you all crazy for a very long time :lol

Similar to Elsie, however Elsie had 5 tunors all together. We didin't go for the other small ones until we had the big one removed- that one was cancer- the others were not.

So we will do monthly exams to make sure. I won't do the lung x-rays because... as far a i am concerned, there is no point.

As long as she is well and happy, it's all good.

Hoping that Quilty's recovery is quick, unevernful and this is the end of this problem.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project