We Could Use A Few Prayers For Lilac

Guest houndstooth4

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Checking in on your girlie this morning.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest houndstooth4

I just spoke with the vet. Lilac is an amazingly healthy dog, according to her bloodwork. Her potassium and phosphorous levels were slightly low, and that's puzzling. She's coming home this afternoon with potassium supplements and we'll see how things go. There could be something underlying that we don't know about yet, or it could be a one time thing.

I am so glad I was home with her, though! She was so panicked and the thought of her laying there like that for two and a half hours just breaks my heart. But the good news is she'll be able to have a royal birthday celebration on Sunday!

Guest eaglflyt

Outstanding news!!! I'm thrilled she's home and I hope it was just a little electrolyte imbalance that was the cause of her seizure. Give her extra hugs from OK!

:clap :clap :clap :clap :clap

Carrie, I'm just seeing this. No wonder you were scared! After everything you went through with Treat, even though you've seen it before, it still is agonizing to see your baby going through that. And to not be sure of the cause is doubly upsetting. I'm so glad she is doing better. She'll still be in my prayers for a wonderful 14th birthday.

Give your sweet girl a gentle hug.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

I just spoke with the vet. Lilac is an amazingly healthy dog, according to her bloodwork. Her potassium and phosphorous levels were slightly low, and that's puzzling. She's coming home this afternoon with potassium supplements and we'll see how things go. There could be something underlying that we don't know about yet, or it could be a one time thing.

I am so glad I was home with her, though! She was so panicked and the thought of her laying there like that for two and a half hours just breaks my heart. But the good news is she'll be able to have a royal birthday celebration on Sunday!

Hmm. One of my kitties was acting odd and a little bit sluggish. Her chem panel was great except her potassium was low. Her thyroid test came back and she actually has HYPERthyroidism. Her level was something like 13 and the normal is between 3 and 5 or something like that :blink:

Just thinking out loud but, I'm wondering if a low potassium level has any connection to a thyroid issue...

In any case I'm glad to hear she gets to come home!

Kristin in Moline, IL USA with Ozzie (MRL Crusin Clem), Clarice (Clarice McBones), Latte and Sage the IGs, and the kitties: Violet and Rose
Lovingly Remembered: Sutra (Fliowa Sutra) 12/02/97-10/12/10, Pinky (Pick Me) 04/20/03-11/19/12, Fritz (Fritz Fire) 02/05/01 - 05/20/13, Ace (Fantastic Ace) 02/05/01 - 07/05/13, and Carrie (Takin the Crumbs) 05/08/99 - 09/04/13.

A cure for cancer can't come soon enough.--

Guest houndstooth4

Her levels were only mildly off. They were amazed by how healthy she is for a dog who's turning fourteen years old. They are now considering the possibility that it could have been a vestibular incident. She seems completely alert and happy to be home. I was surprised that she got up off the cushy dog bed and went into the kitchen to eat. I was going to bring it to her and let her eat on the bed, but we did get a can of Merrick's to celebrate her homecoming. It must have smelled good enough to be worth going into the kitchen for! We'll be going back in to get her potassium level rechecked in a couple of weeks and she's on antibiotics temporarily. Aside from that, it's business as usual! We'll be able to celebrate her birthday the way she deserves to!