Juneau - Letting Him Go Tomorrow

Guest greycrew

I'm so sorry to hear about Juneau. I just had to let Mimi go on the 13th and it was terrible. If DH had even

suggested we wait I might have done it. I kept thinking that I could wait another day or so, but then I told

myself that it wasn't going to be any easier in 2 days than it was that night. I'd already made the decision

and I knew it was the right one so I just had to suck it up and stuff her full of foods that otherwise I

wouldn't have let her have.

I'll be thinking about you.

Kelly

sig%20march%2015_zpsgicdhakq.jpg
Wingnut (DC Wingnut), Voo Doo (Voo Doo von Bonz), Barb (Myokie Barb) & Romey (Nose Stradamus)
at the bridge Molly (CM Blondie) 9/8/14, Maddy (Reuniting) 10/17/13, Rocky (Ranco Popeye) 1/7/12, Mimi (Flying Ringneck) 8/13/09 and RJ (RJ What For) 5/3/05

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I am so sorry you are having to go through this, and am in tears as I had to do the same last summer for our whippet. I kept hoping he would pass of natural causes, but he didn't and he was suffering, so I had no choice but to make the phone call to the vet.

And then no one else in my family could bear to be in the room while it was done, so they all said their goodbyes and waited outside the door at the vet's, but I stayed right by his side the whole time, and after he had passed.

We are here to support you.

:grouphug:weep

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France

Guest greycrew

I don't know how to thank all of you. You're making me cry and feel better all at the same time if that makes sense. It's just really nice having people to share what we have to go through. Greyhounds are such a special breed. Nothing quite like them or their people! I won't be writing again tonight, I want to spend every minute with June, but I'll read all the posts again and I'll know you're all thinking of us tomorrow. love and hugs to all of you! :bighug

Im sorry this is the worst step those who get to share there lives with animals. Hugs to you and your beloved pup

Cassie: Pikes Clara Bell Swoop: My Man Swoop

BRIDGE ANGELS Psi:WD'S Aleford 3/17/00-4/25/10 Snowman: Gable Snowman 1/9/96-2/14/08

Sending lots of hugs. I have been there several times and know how difficult it is. Have someone drive you to and from. Sit in the back seat if you need to be "alone".

Hugs,

Kim

<p>Kim and the hound - Rumor
Missing my angels Marlow, Silver, Holly and Lucky

Guest Ohiogreymom

I'm so very sorry. I know exactly how you feel. I just let my precious Reggie go, less than 2 wks. ago. I second guessed myself over and over, but I knew I could not allow him to suffer just so that I would not. Cancer is so very painful, and you're doing the best thing for your boy.I'm sending prayers for a peaceful passing for Juneau and hugs for you.Stay strong! :hope:hope:bighug:bighug Darlene

I am so very Sorry!!!!! You will be in my thoughts and prayers.... I can understand your pain it was the hardest thing I ever had to do when I had to say goodbye to Champ. I begged the vet for anything else and there was nothing....I truely belive we will see them again one day. There will be no more pain... :grouphug:grouphug:grouphug

darlenesiggy2.jpg
Darlene Mom to: Aladdin, Sophie ,Pongo, Jasmine, Relic Forever in our Hearts Champ at the Rainbow Bridge.

Let a greyhound race into your heart Adopt

Bay Area Greyhound Adoptions INC. Naples/ Fort Myers Chapter

Guest Ashley

Your post has me in tears. I have nothing to offer but support, you and Juneau will be in my thoughts and heart. I send you love, white light and strength. You really are doing the best thing for him, as impossible as it may seem, and you have the inner strength to do it. We are all here for you! *Huge hugs*

:grouphug

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

My heart is breaking for you. Having gone down this road I know it is not easy, please know you are doing the right thing for your precious Juneau. My thoughts and prayers will be added to the others from this wonderful board.

You have more strength than you know, you need to be brave for both lf you and you will be fine. Hold him, kiss him and tell him you love him. Its been since Feb for us and I still cry over our lost 2 boys, but it does get a little easier as time goes on and all the good memories stay with you. God Bless. :bighug