Outlaw Is Hurting... Day #38 Update 9/3 Am

Guest TheUnrulyHound

Guest Energy11

I wish I KNEW about Greytalk when Bold Energy had to be sent to The Bridge. I HAD NO ONE, except DH, and I was LOST! His death was only two years after my late husband's, and really "put me pretty close to the edge!"

I am VERY "gretytful" to have you all, and of course, we are FAMILY, and love and care about eachother! Outlaw has a lot of fans :-)))

• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest isntitgreyt

I too read every update you post and feel so happy when he's doing good and keep my fingers crossed for you and Outlaw when he's not feeling so great. Sending more positive thoughts and prayers Outlaw's way!

Guest KyGrey

I may not be around here much these days but Outlaw is on my mind and I am sending good thoughts and healing vibes his way.

Guest TheUnrulyHound

Thankyou so much, to all of you, it really means a lot-more than you know. I read all the sweet comments and feel so good that my boy has so many people hoping he will have a better day. I come in here to read often for more encouragement when I am feeling down about his condition. He is Happy, he is eating. He is not in any pain. He is still in control of his bodily functions. It is sad to think I may never see him hippity skippity thru the grass again. He never really could run very good, it was really a girly kindof skip :blush I just hope that life is enjoyable for him, I wish I could do more but there is only so many hours in the day. Has anyone else had a grey that was permanently disabled similar to this this? How did/do you do it? He will not really tolerate a sling but I may just have to make him suck it up and deal :(

Anyhow on to the evening update, he just took his meds groggily, in the muffins he likes so much ;) those can always wake him up. Just refilled his prescription for the Nuerontin today so that means he has been on it for two weeks and it is still doing great! He never whimpers now when he lays down or changes position so I think it is fully in his system and at its maximum effect which is good. His muscle wasting is no better, though I can see a lot less of his ribs now. He has put on weight but not muscle. Now his thigh on the right is wasting too from lack of use. He is still a stubborn thing, wanting things his way NOW :) He has learned I will protect him from falling and will only walk if I am right there with my fingertips touching his back so he knows I am ready to catch him. He prefers to do the "walking" himself though. It is a guessing game now on where he wants to go. "You wanna go outside?" as I motion to the door with my hand like a butler would, bowing down to his level. "or do you want your bed in the livingroom?" My arm sweeps in the other direction to point at his bed.... no answer... "how about your room?" a motion in that direction..... that gets a little lean/step in that direction and off we hobble into my bedroom. I never point to the kitchen though :rolleyes: we all know the answer he would give to that question. He eats four times a day already hahaha.

Well, more tomorrow, thankyou for listening and for all your thoughts for Outlaw, I wish you could all meet him to see what a character he is :)

Guest TheUnrulyHound

A few pictures from this morning.....

DSCN0509.jpg

Stepper wanted to be in the picture too :blush

DSCN0515.jpg

This looks very uncomfortable but he had just awkwardly laid down, he rolls over onto his side after a minute or two...

DSCN0512.jpg

Here you can see how he has gained some weight, the near side is the side he has a hard time with. The bandage on his leg is from falling on the tile, he scraped the leg on the grout.

He is just about the same this morning.....

Sweet sweet boy :wub: . He has improved to this point. Maybe he won't improve further, but maybe he will. Hugs and blessings to both of you.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest greyt2love

He always seems to have a smile, Holly. That's why we keep checking and caring. As long as he is still comfortable and happy, we want to keep wishing him well and sending our support. And we want you to know you are not in this alone, there are many, many of us out here who care how your boy is doing !

Guest TheUnrulyHound
I don't post in the thread often but have been watching the updates. I haven't tried it, but the Bottom's Up Leash may be better tolerated than the sling.

yes, that is very similar to what I made for Kygreys' LeeLee for his LS, I will have to make one for him.....

Outlaw- you get better for your Mommy.

Hi Stepper.

I recognize that blankie- Maddie gave that to you all - Outlaw maybe if you lie on that it will help as I think Maddie sniffed that before we sent it to you.

Love you guys!!!

Amy Human Mommy to fur baby Maddie (Doobiesaurus) TDI certified. May 5, 2002-September 12, 2014 and Mille (Mac's Bayou Baby)CGC, TDI certified.

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj93/Chillyhorse/siggies/maddie.jpg"]http://i270. photobucket.com/albums/jj93/Chillyhorse/siggies/maddie.jpg[/img]

Guest TheUnrulyHound
Outlaw- you get better for your Mommy.

Hi Stepper.

I recognize that blankie- Maddie gave that to you all - Outlaw maybe if you lie on that it will help as I think Maddie sniffed that before we sent it to you.

Love you guys!!!

:blush I knew you would see that ;) I actually have been using that to lay over his shoulders to keep them warmer, since I know that makes arthritis feel better :) Outlaw always lets out a big sigh when I do....

:heart what a beauty he is!. I never had a grey with a disability, but an old lab, I felt this way, not in pain, eating and drinking O.K., and able to poo and pee, thats alright by me, "I'll care for you until it's time to say good-by" just as I would for any other family member, white light to your pup from northwestern Pa.!

Guest TheUnrulyHound
:kong Pete is sending Outlaw a virtual Kong with peanut butter.

Have a good day today Outlaw!

Outlaw sends his thanks and a slightly wagging tail :) What a sweet thought!

Well I just got back from running out to the dollar store and I cleared out their carpet runners with the no slip backings, he now has a trail from the back door to the bed in the livingroom and from there into the bedroom where there is carpet. Now he needs a trail from the bedroom into the kitchen. I figure I will need 6 more. He likes them and is able to keep his footing a lot better :clap Thanks to my hubby for that idea :kiss2

What a happy soul he looks......those earsies! :wub:

Sending continued well wishes for Outlaw..........and just to say we are a member of his fan club too :D

Run free our beloved Sir Snowy, Pip, Queenie, Sadie, Tess & Rosie until we meet again......I would rather feel the thorn than to never see the rose

Guest westexhound

Outlaw is one incredible boy! His beautiful smiles must make you feel good. :wub:

Continuing to send positive thoughts for your Outlaw.