Good Thoughts For Coug's 3rd Chemo Treatment, Please

Guest TaraCoachCougar

Guest TaraCoachCougar

To impose on all you kind folks once more since you seem to have the power to help out, please send out some good thoughts for Cougar. He has his 3rd Chemo treatment tomorrow following his spleen and hemangiosarcoma mass removal back in mid-June. He will also have x-ray's to see if there is evidence the chemo has not been succesful in preventing the spread of his disease. I'm very anxious about this part.

He is doing very well this week. He is no longer my snugglebunny boy :( and gets up every hour or two during the night just like a newborn, but he moves around well and has a really good appetite. While we continue to battle corns and it appears his LS is probably slowly progressing, he's still hanging in there. People food (new fav is potted meat), short walks and car rides still excite him. I'm been able to get his weight back up from around 59/60 following surgery in June to 66 at his last vet about two weeks ago.

The trip and vet visit itself takes a lot out of him coupled with the poison running through his veins so it takes him about a week or so to get straightened out but it's definately not time to say goodbye yet (unless the x-rays reveal something that has produced symptons yet ~ can you tell I'm worried about that?) So any spare prayers you can send our way would be appreciated. This will be 3 down and 2 more to go.

Edited to add that he has NO problem resting all day and throughout the evening. LOL! Also for those of you that don't know Cougs or have forgotten, if I can get him to September, my boy will be 13 years old!

Edited by TaraCoachCougar

:hope:candle:hope:candle For Cougar. Hemangiosarcoma is a nasty disease, we've lost 3 Labradors in a row to it. Beat it, Cougar, for the three Labs!

Tin and Michael and Lucas, Picasso, Hero, Oasis, Galina, Neizan, Enzo, Salvo and Noor the Galgos.
Remembering Bridge Angel Greyhounds: Tosca, Jamey, Master, Diego, and Ambi; plus Angel Galgos Jules, Marco and Baltasar.

I'll be keeping your sweet boy in my prayers. Hoping that the X-rays will bring good news---please let us know.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

Glad he's doing well so far. Continued prayers, and some hugs and scritchies as well.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

All good thoughts coming from across the pond :)

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

I've been thinking of you and wondering how Cougar's doing. I'll be sending good thoughts.

15060353021_97558ce7da.jpg
Kathy and Q (CRT Qadeer from Fuzzy's Cannon and CRT Bonnie) and
Jane (WW's Aunt Jane from Trent Lee and Aunt M); photos to come.

Missing Silver (5.19.2005-10.27.2016), Tigger (4.5.2007-3.18.2016),
darling Sam (5.10.2000-8.8.2013), Jacey-Kasey (5.19.2003-8.22.2011), and Oreo (1997-3.30.2006)

Guest TaraCoachCougar

Yippee!!! No evidence of metastasis at this time! That's what his discharge papers said beside chest x-rays. Beside abdominal ultrasound it reads "No evidence of overt metastasis at this time- Small liver nodule noted (1 cm x 0.7 cm), all other organ systems appear within normal limits at this time"

We'll take it!

They did note "Stiff gait-erythematous feet (all 4)-suspect staph infection" Uh oh. That doesn't sound real good, but they sent home 750 mg of Cephalexin to try to clear that up. They also sent some gabapentin to take along with his tramadol. He also has 4 anti-nausea pills and the paperwork says to give Vitamin E once a day. Not sure what that is for. Because we did a drop off and then picked him up later I only talked to a tech when we were leaving and she didn't mention it but it is on his discharge instructions.

I took his memory foam bed and he had one of his alprazolam while he was there and he looked sooo much better than last time when I picked him up. Much less stressed and drained. He did sleep almost the entire hour trip home and has been sacked out on my bed since which was about three hours ago now.

Thanks for the thoughts and prayers! I'm so glad I had good news to report today.