Need Prayers - Update Post 104

Guest Ohiogreymom

Guest greytexplorer

You are in my thoughts and prayers, too.

How is it going these days?

In ref to your question about dogs smelling cancer, yes, I believe that some can. Seems like I've read about it somewhere......

:grouphug

~Pat

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am so sorry to hear the news about Reggie. He is far too young...

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

Guest EmbersDad

ive been down that road and feel your pain. sarcoma needs to be struck from the english language! hang in there and we are here for you.

Guest Ohiogreymom

I overnighted Reggie's xrays to OSU, and Dr. Couto looked at them. Christina called me back, and Reggie's cancer is farther along than the other vet thought. They said his leg will probably break soon, so even though it's killing me, I can't let that happen. I'm sending Reggie to the bridge on Saturday. :weep That's the soonest I can do it without it being rushed, and that's NOT going to happen.

This is killing me! He still meets me at the door every day, is still eating pretty well (with coaxing), but he sometimes cries out at night when he changes position, and his leg is swelling now, so I know it hurts.I don't want him to suffer, but he still enjoys life so much, it's just not fair! It took him so long to trust, and now he trusts me totally, and I'm taking him to the vets on Saturday, and having him PTS. :weep My heart is breaking and all I can do is cry! :brokenheart I HATE CANCER , :angryfire and I'm sending every extra penny I get to OSU, and see if they can wipe out this monster! :angryfire Please send prayers that my boy goes peacefully. :hope:hope

Thanks for listening. Darlene

The National Institutes of Health (I think) actually has a program regarding cancer-sniffing dogs. They pet out those that don't pass the sniff test (no pun intended). A person in our neighborhood adopted one a few years ago. That being said, it makes sense that other dogs would be able to detect something in other dogs. Again, I am so very sorry for your pain and for Reggie. I really admire the fact that you are able to put his needs above yours. What a terrible weight to bear. May you find comfort in your selfless act.

gallery_16605_3214_8259.jpg

Cindy with Miss Fancypants, Paris Bueller, Zeke, and Angus 
Dante (Dg's Boyd), Zoe (In a While), Brady (Devilish Effect), Goose (BG Shotgun), Maverick (BG ShoMe), Maggie (All Trades Jax), Sherman (LNB Herman Bad) and Indy (BYB whippet) forever in my heart
The flame that burns the brightest, burns the fastest and leaves the biggest shadow

I'm so very sorry. :cry1 As hard as it is, you're doing the right thing. :grouphug

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

I overnighted Reggie's xrays to OSU, and Dr. Couto looked at them. Christina called me back, and Reggie's cancer is farther along than the other vet thought. They said his leg will probably break soon, so even though it's killing me, I can't let that happen. I'm sending Reggie to the bridge on Saturday. :weep That's the soonest I can do it without it being rushed, and that's NOT going to happen.

This is killing me! He still meets me at the door every day, is still eating pretty well (with coaxing), but he sometimes cries out at night when he changes position, and his leg is swelling now, so I know it hurts.I don't want him to suffer, but he still enjoys life so much, it's just not fair! It took him so long to trust, and now he trusts me totally, and I'm taking him to the vets on Saturday, and having him PTS. :weep My heart is breaking and all I can do is cry! :brokenheart I HATE CANCER , :angryfire and I'm sending every extra penny I get to OSU, and see if they can wipe out this monster! :angryfire Please send prayers that my boy goes peacefully. :hope:hope

Thanks for listening. Darlene

Darlene,

We know how hard it has been and how agonizing it is to make this decision. We also know that you have to do what is right in your heart for Reggie. Connie wants to know if you would like her to come over tomorrow afternoon to do some healing touch and crystal energy work to help clear his energy fields, aleviate some of the pain, and help prepare him for his crossing to the bridge. We were planning on leaving around 5 or 6 Saturday morning for Wisconsin. However, if you are able to get him an appointment first thing Saturday morning, Connie can transport you and Reggie in our bigger van so it is easier to get him in and out without hurting his leg. We already have comfy beds set up in the back for him. We really don't want you going through this by yourself, especially since you have always been there for us and our hounds. Give us a call later tonight or tomorrow and let us know.

Love and light,

Connie & Gary

The hardest thing and the kindest. Sending gentle hugs.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest Energy11

We will be with you in spirit and in our hearts when you send him. I did the SAME thing with Max. No, you don't want his leg to break, which will cause him more pain.

Just spend the next few days with him as much as you can, and try keeping him as pain-free as possible!

CANCER SUCKS!

Love from us! Dee and The Five :wub::bighug:heart:hope:candle

Darlene,

My heart is breaking for you here in NEPA. I'm so, so sorry. You and your dear Reggie will be in my constant thoughts and prayers over the next several days as you go through this terrible time.

I wish I could say something that would make this better.

:candle :candle :candle

Lynn_siggie-1.jpg