Cj Has This Red Swelling...not A Bug Bite :( Histiocytoma

Guest VirginiaGreys

Guest greytkidsmom

Kebo was 7 1/2 when we had it treated about 2 months ago. It seemed like it popped up overnight. We waited about 2 weeks and when it didn't go away, we had it checked. It stayed about the size of a pea - never got bigger or smaller. The whole visit (including aspiration and pathology by the vet) cost about $75. We just figured if it didn't go away that we would get it taken off at his next dental but were surprised that it disappeared so quickly.

After making such a hefty contribution to your vet's children's college fund , I understand not wanting to spend any extra bucks. There is never anything wrong with leaving something that is most likely benign alone.

Guest VirginiaGreys

I'm happy to announce that it's getting smaller. It was hard to see it getting smaller when one watches it everyday...so I forced myself not to look at it for a few days and today I can see a huge difference. :)

Which means that this tumour is BENIGN!!!!!!

Diane

Guest houndlover

That's good news!!!! Casey had one of those near his nose a couple of years ago and the vet said to put warm compresses on it. It eventually went away and never seemed to bother him.

Guest VirginiaGreys

I'll try to take a picture of it soon...but it's just a empty spot on her tail now...minus hair....so at least this thing was benign Thank God!

Benign is a beautiful word, isn't it?

We love you, CJ. And your Mom too. :)

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

:yay :yay :yay

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)