Surgery Scheduled For Elsie

Elsie had her post op- 12 days after her lumpectomy. Everything is fine. She is holding steadily @ 64 pounds. She was 62 from the farm.

The vet had me check to feel the lumps so that I would know what I was looking for. They feel hard and they are really tiny- like the size of a pin head- some tiny bit bigger. There are a total of 4 that we were able to find.

Her surgery is scheduled for July 27th- she should come home that night. My vet starts surgery @ 12 and Elsie will be first.

We talked about the possibility of the tumors growing back and we discussed taking the whole gland but decided not to since the margins are clear and we could always take it. She said if I feel any lumps- we will have her in the OR within 24 hours.

We are very optimistic and prognosis is excellent!

We are all in a good place- head wise!

Thanks for your continued prayers and support!

Robin & Elsie

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Guest greytbookert

That is good news!

When I found Sahra's "lump", it was about the size of a grain of sand. The vet was shocked that I was able to feel it. :blush

Continued prayers for Elsie!

:goodluck for successful surgery and more clean margins.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

I will be crossing my fingers at Noon on the 27th!

We're all rooting for you Elsie!!! :goodluck :goodluck :goodluck :goodluck :goodluck :goodluck :goodluck :goodluck

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

Great news and a great plan of action! I've got my fingers crossed that everything goes perfectly tomorrow.

I'll keep both of you in my thoughts,

FL

Guest Hollys2hounds

Robin,

Sounds like good news!!

I will be leaving to go to Florida (for my Mom's surgery) on the 27th. (My Mom's surgery is on the 28th).

Though I may not be near a computer, Please, please know you and Elsie will be in my thoughts and prayers!!! CLEAN MARGINS, EASY RECOVERY!!

All the best,

Holly and gang