Kiowa Sweet Trey

Guest jcsperson

Guest jcsperson

The great Kiowa Sweet Trey has died. He will be remembered as one of the all-time great sires.

From the NGA website:

The top sire in the country, Kiowa Sweet Trey, died this morning, July 15, after a lengthy illness. A son of Oswald Cobblepot and TM’s Sweet Dream he was 9 years old.

Trey was raised and trained by Kay Smith and Smith Racing Greyhounds. Vince Berland bought half interest after the 2001 Spring Meet. Sweet Trey was a headliner from the beginning of his career winning his first 16 races at Wheeling. He won the Derby Lane All-Star Kennel Preview and the Inaugural. He ran second in the Hollywood World Classic and third in the Derby Lane Sprint Classic. He was named to the All-America Team.

He is the sire of seven All-Americans, two Rural Rube Award winners and a Flashy Sir Award winner: Igoby Brady, Kiowa Delicate, Flyin Bridgeport (Flashy Sir), Flying Stanley (Rural Rube), Kiowa Wish Frank, Flying Mancini and Starz Jenko (Rural Rube.)

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Spencers_Greyt

Awww that's so sad! He was very famous in the racing world. Oswald Cobblepot is Buzz's daddy too. I'm sure we will see lots of Kiowa Sweet Trey offspring for years to come.

Guest Effie

How sad... Sweet Trey is the dad of Raging Tiger, one of my racing dogs. Do we know what the illness was? Nine is just too young.

Linda

I'm so sorry to hear this. My condolences go out to loved him. Godspeed sweetie.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

How sad... Sweet Trey is the dad of Raging Tiger, one of my racing dogs. Do we know what the illness was? Nine is just too young.

Linda

Awww....that is too young!! :cry1

He is my Flower's daddy (along with many GT pups, I know).

Godspeed, Sweet Trey. :gh_run

Guest Carla

That is so sad. Way too young.

He was my Mickey's (Leavit to Bevis) father.

Godspeed Kiowa Sweet Trey, you will be greytly missed.

:f_red:f_red:f_red:f_red

Oh no! :( RIP KST - your boy Daring Pocobueno turned 5 today. He is the most perfect boy ever. We will light a candle for you tonight. Godspeed! f_yellow

gallery_7491_3326_2049.jpg

Deirdre with Conor (Daring Pocobueno), Keeva (Kiowa Mimi Mona), & kittehs Gemma & robthomas.

Our beloved angels Faolin & Liath, & kittehs Mona & Caesar. Remembering Bobby, Doc McCoy, & Chip McGrath.

"He feeds you, pets you, adores you, collects your poop in a bag. There's only one explanation: you are a hairy little god." Nick Galifinakis

How sad. He's the father of both our dear departed Maxx (Kansas Grit), our former foster Toki (Kansas Stinger) and our latest adoption, Solomon (Sol Mayhem). Run free, Trey, and say hello to Maxx for me when you see him.

Guest greyt2love

That's sad. Oswald Cobblepot is my Rex's sire, too. Rex is 11 1/2 right now. My brood momma, Sophia, is Kiowa Tom Long, no relation to Sweet Trey that I can trace.

:weep

:f_red:gh_run:f_red

Kiowa Sweet Trey:

Greyhound_Kiowa_Sweet_Trey-big.jpg

I am so sorry to read this! Sending my condolences to all who knew and loved Kiowa Sweet Trey. Your legacy lives on through many many beautiful hounds, including my perfect boy, Toby, who looks so much like his daddy.

faces020.jpg

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France

We're sorry to read this, our condolences go out to those who loved him. Run free Sweet Trey.

Tin and Michael and Lucas, Picasso, Hero, Oasis, Galina, Neizan, Enzo, Salvo and Noor the Galgos.
Remembering Bridge Angel Greyhounds: Tosca, Jamey, Master, Diego, and Ambi; plus Angel Galgos Jules, Marco and Baltasar.