It's Cancer.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Vinnie

Oh Robin, I am so sorry that the diagnosis came back as cancer. My heart just sank when I saw the topic. I know this just brings everything back to the forefront and I can only imagine the thoughts going through your mind. However, because you are so hyper aware, you found the lumps early, they were able to get this out with clean margins, and you are going through extra steps to keep your sweet Elsie feeling happy and loved and taken care of. Hugs and prayers for you all. I hope that with your vet, Dr. Cuoto and OSU that the prognosis continues to be good and Elsie will have a long and happy retirement with you.

robin, that is just plain unfair! you are both in my thoughts and hoping for successful treatment.

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

Oh no. I'm so sorry to read this. Clean margins does sound promising though. Will keep you all in my thoughts

and prayers and yes, it is unfair.

Edited by maryz

Mary, mom to kitty Rebel.
Always missing Sherri (SO DELICIOUS) (12/6/2005-8/29/2018) kitties Marley (4/2000-12/3/2015) and Beady (4/1998-2/24/2006) and Dalmatian Daisy (7/25/1984-5/13/1999).

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work

and give to those who would not - Thomas Jefferson

So sorry to hear the news. Not fair!

Poppy the lurcher 11/24/23
Gabby the Airedale 7/1/18
Forever missing Grace (RT's Grace), Fenway (not registered, def a greyhound), Jackson (airedale terrier, honorary greyhound), and Tessie (PK's Cat Island)

Guest Fasave

It will be interesting to hear what Cuoto says. My guy has had two different soft tissue sarcomas removed in the last year. One required two surgeries but finally got clean margins. Got clean margins the first time on the second one. One was on the leg and the other on the back. No further treatment was recommended. I did see Dr. Couto at the Expo and asked him how common is was for dogs to get soft tissue sarcomas in more than one location. For "dogs" he said uncommon. For greys, he said NOT uncommon at all. From here on in, all lumps will be removed from my guy to be safe. I hope all goes well.

Guest MyBoys

Oh Robin, I just returned from vacation and saw this, I am so very sorry, you have been through so much lately. All my good thoughts and prayers for Elsie and you.

No wayyyyyy (thats what I said out loud when I saw the title anyway) :(

But, as others have said, clean margins sounds like a good thing.

Thinking all good thoughts :grouphug

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

As others have said, my heart sank when I saw the thread and your name on it. I am sorry to hear about Elsie but let's see if we can beat this one, eh? Come on Elsie, show your strength, you mum needs it.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

Guest greytexplorer

oh hai Elsee

ai hopes u r feelin lotz bettrz

ur mama needz u so how bowt gibben herb some eggstra lubbins o.k.???

follow herbz arownd a lot mor dan da uzuals an wen she knot lookin, gib herb a reely gud shot in herbz beehind

dat wai she knowbz that u lubz herb moar dan ennyfingz :beatheart:inlove:beatheart

ai doo dat maisefz! itz e.z. to doo wif da lowng needel noseez dat we haz

stay well

ur twinfren an be-ef-ef

essterz :paw

ester1T.gif