Crackerjack Is Gone...

Guest TheUnrulyHound

Guest how888

What a beautiful tribute Holly!! Crackerjack was so special and thanks so much for sharing him with us... Rest in the beautiful grass over the rainbow sweetie and send mommy a sign....

:f_red:f_red:f_red

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a touching story and such a wonderful photo of Crackerjack with his little friend - my condolences on your great loss :grouphug .

SunnySophiePegsdon.jpg

When a relationship of love is disrupted, the relationship does not cease. The love continues; therefore, the relationship continues. The work of grief is to reconcile and redeem life to a different love relationship. ~ W Scott Lineberry

Always Greyhounds Home Boarding and Greyhounds With Love House Sitting

Guest hamiesmom

I'm so sorry for the loss of your beautiful "Crackerjack". The first horse that I ever rode was a Tennessee Walker and what a wonderful introduction to horses and riding. When you feel the wind in your hair, that will be "Crackerjack" blowing sweet kisses.

I'm so sorry. I lost my old guy in November so I have some idea of how you are feeling.

:grouphug

Lexi the pointeresque mutt (1999), Homer the chi mix (2010) and Lacey the ? (2009). Always remembering Dita, Best, Oba, Bubba, and the others at the bridge.

I'm so sorry for your loss. My BF lost her horse to colic earlier this year. He was 38 y/o and she had him for 26 years. This poem brought her a lot of comfort. I hope it does for you too.

FROM YOUR PET IN HEAVEN

To have loved and then said farewell is better than to have never loved at all.

For all of the times that you have stopped and touched my head,

fed me my favorite treat and returned the love that I so unconditionally gave to you......

for the care that you gave to me so unselfishly...

for all of these things I am grateful and thankful.

I ask that you not grieve for the loss but rejoice in the fact that we lived,

loved and touched each other's lives.

My life was fuller because you were there --

not as a master/owner, but as my friend.

Today I am as I was in my youth.

The grass is always green, butterflies flit among the flowers

and the sun shines gently down upon all of God's creatures.

I can run, jump, play and do all of the things that I did in my youth.

There is no sickness, no aching joints, no regrets and no aging.

We await the arrival of our lifelong companions

and know that togetherness is forever.

Companions such as you are so rare and unique.

Don't hold the love that you have within yourself;

give it to another like me and then I will live forever.

For love never really dies, and you are loved

and missed as surely as we are.

Author Ken Conover

Grieve not,

nor think of me with tears

But laugh

and talk to me as if I were beside you.

I loved you so . . .

'Twas Heaven here with you.

-- Isla Paschal Richardson

Laura with Celeste (ICU Celeste) and Galgos Beatrix and Encarna
The Horse - Gracie (MD Grace E)
Bridge Angels Faye Oops (Santa Fe Oops), Bonny (
Bonny Drive), Darcy (D's Zipperfoot)

Guest TheUnrulyHound

Thankyou so much for that beautiful poem Winnie, I will keep it.... I especially love the second one

This morning I am able to look thru the pictures I have uploaded a little easier... here are a few more of my big beautiful boy.

cj.jpg

crackerjack1.jpg

CJparked.jpg

Guest Jennifer4719

He was such a handsome fellow! Godspeed Crackerjack!

I lost my old horse this past winter, just shy of his 31st birthday, so I am familiar with your pain. I also had some jewelry made from his tail and it is nice to still have a piece of him with me.

Guest KyGrey
Thankyou so much for that beautiful poem Winnie, I will keep it.... I especially love the second one

This morning I am able to look thru the pictures I have uploaded a little easier... here are a few more of my big beautiful boy.

cj.jpg

crackerjack1.jpg

CJparked.jpg

So handsome. :wub: :wub:

The Life That I Have

The life that I have is all that I have

And the life that I have is yours

The love that I have of the life that I have

Is yours and yours and yours.

A sleep I shall have, A rest I shall have

And death will be but a pause

For the years I shall have in the long green grass

Are yours and yours and yours.

Leo Marks

Holly bless you for giving CrackerJack the life he so deserved.

Guest Mom2Shiloh

Oh my... that last post was just so beautiful.

I just found this Holly, and I've never even posted in one of your threads before but have read.... I am truly so very sorry for your loss... bless you for giving him your love and care and understanding. What a beautiful soul he was and is .. with tears and joy that he knew love. Bless

Guest TheUnrulyHound
Oh my... that last post was just so beautiful.

I just found this Holly, and I've never even posted in one of your threads before but have read.... I am truly so very sorry for your loss... bless you for giving him your love and care and understanding. What a beautiful soul he was and is .. with tears and joy that he knew love. Bless

Thankyou... thankyou to everyone who has posted, I have read thru many many times and it really has given me comfort. Thank you all for your thoughts.

I lost my old horse this past winter, just shy of his 31st birthday, so I am familiar with your pain. I also had some jewelry made from his tail and it is nice to still have a piece of him with me.

I will PM you, I clipped some hair from his tail for this very reason, I want to have a bracelet or necklace made from it and have been looking for a good place that does that online.

I can't bring myself to look in the direction of the horse field, to not see him there is something I am not ready for yet. Jason has said that PayPay seems lethargic and depressed. He has the other two minis and the mini donkey for company still, but he just loved his buddy CJ. They used to play tag, it was so funny to see little PayPay go nip CJ on the neck or shoulder then take off running with CJ running close behind.....