Jamey At Emergency Vet

When Jamey had his drainage tube removed last week, we were told to just keep it covered and to keep him from licking it. So he's had T-shirts on and was wearing his muzzle the whole time. Normally when we changed his T-shirt (twice daily) there was a dilute blood spot about 2-3 inches in diameter. This morning the spot was huge, it was all over the front of this T-shirt. When I removed his T-shirt (he would not get up, so he was laying down when I did this), I saw that an inch of his stitched wound had opened up and there was some puss there. I got a paper towel to dab this away, and when I did about 5-10 ml (a tablespoon) of pussy blood came out. I put one of the big bandages that we still had from last week over it. I woke Michael up and we went to the emergency vet.

They took the bandage off and also got quite a bit of puss out of the opened area. So Jamey is at the emerg vet for the day, getting looked after (IV antibiotics, possibly another drain tube and more sutures.) He had a "high normal" temperature. It was only 0.1 degree lower than what is classified as a fever.

We will have to see how things go. He was going to start chemo next week but I don't see that happening!

Michael just called that they are going to sedate Jamey and really clean out his pocket of infection. They will keep him overnight (probably on IV antibiotics - this is my thought).

Tin and Michael and Lucas, Picasso, Hero, Oasis, Galina, Neizan, Enzo, Salvo and Noor the Galgos.
Remembering Bridge Angel Greyhounds: Tosca, Jamey, Master, Diego, and Ambi; plus Angel Galgos Jules, Marco and Baltasar.

Guest Energy11

Poor Jamey!!!

Glad you found it, and having it treated! :-) He should pull through fine! Hugs and prayers from here! D

Yikes! Glad you caught it and glad they're really going after it to get it all cleaned out. You're in on the nightly candle, Jamey.

gallery_14387_3165_6886.jpg

Patsy and DH with the Humane Society specials, Linus & Jazz, in North Dakota

Lots of good thoughts flying west. Heal Jamey, we need you well to start the road to a cure.

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.

Yikes! Lots of extra, extra positive thoughts coming your way. Poor Jamey! I'm glad you were mommy-on-the-spot and caught it right away.

:goodluck

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Guest TurnerMiller01

oh no.. that sounded very scary!!

I hope he gets better quickly...

Sending healing thoughts and get well wishes your way.

:grouphug:paw:grouphug

poor guy!!! :( :( :(

sending healing hugs to your baby!!! :grouphug:candle:hope

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

Guest FullMetalFrank

Poor kid.... I hope his infection clears up quickly and he can get back to the business of healing. Sending prayers...

Guest VirginiaGreys

I'm so sorry to read this. I'm glad you caught it when you did though. Hang in there...it's got to get better soon! :grouphug