Three Years Ago Today...

retiredracers

I really suck at writing things so I'm just going to say that she was the most amazing girl, so full of life and love. Everyone who met her fell under her spell... they didn't see her crooked, scarred nose, just her amazing beauty. She was my constant companion, going everywhere with me and enjoying life to the fullest. She wasn't young (11 years old) but she was in greyt shape and still very young at heart. She was taken from me because a tumor grew in the wrong spot and the surgery couldn't piece her back together again. My heart was ripped out and I've never felt such pain. Crooke was not selfish, though. One week later, she sent me a gift that would help me to work my way through the pain and grief.... Elphie. Although I still cried for her every day over the next few months and some days I felt like I couldn't breathe thinking of her and couldn't sleep in my bed for 3 months because being there at night made all of the emotions come rushing in, I also had plenty to take my mind off of her during my waking hours because raising a greyhound puppy isn't easy. Crooke made sure that I was taken care of even when she wasn't here.

I love you, my Crooked dog. Forever and ever.

CrookeBeachPlaybowing.jpg

Crooke_Secret.jpg

Crooked.jpg

Crooke_Collar_Coat.jpg

Crooke_Beach.jpg

de913a41.jpg

Crookeface3sxday.jpg

Elphie, Kulee, Amanda, Harmony, Alex (hound mix), Phantom, Norbet, Willis (dsh), Autumn (Siamese) & Max (OSH) & mama rat, LaLa & baby Poppy! My bridge kids: Crooke & Mouse (always in my heart), Flake, Buzz, Snake, Prince (GSD), Justin & Gentry (Siamese), Belle (Aussie/Dalmatian mix), Rupert (amstaff) and Fred, Sirius, Severus, Albus, George, Hagrid, Hermione, Minerva, Marilyn, Wren, Molly, Luna, Tonks, Fleur, Ginny, Neville, Bill, Percy, Rose & Charlie (rats)

Aww, she was beautiful. Thank you for sharing her story. I joined only two and a half years ago so didn't know much about Crook. She sounds like she was a once in a lifetime dog and you were her once in a lifetime person. :)

gallery_12867_3348_20333.jpg
~Beth, with a crazy mixed crew of misfits.
~ Forever and Always missing and loving Steak, Carmen, Ivy, Isis, and Madi.
Don't cry because it's ended, Smile because it happened.
Before you judge me, try to keep an open mind, not everyone likes your taste.

Sweet Crooke....the very first to show me how wonderful it is to have a greyhound curled up beside you on the sofa with their head in your lap! If I had any doubts before that home visit, she made sure I forgot them. Not only could she put people under her spell, it also worked on dogs....she totally mesmerized Homey (my pitbull mix I had at the time). He took one look at her and rolled over at her feet! She was a special girl!

siggie50_1.jpg

Blair, Stella (DND Heather), Lizzie (M's Deadra), Hitch (Hallo Dominant) and House (Mac's Dr. House)

Missing my handsome men Lewis (Vs Lowrider) - 11/11/01 - 3/11/09, Kevin (Dakota's Hi Five) - 1/1/06 - 4/18/11 and my cat, Sparkle Baby - ??/??/96 - 4/23/11

"The gift which I am sending you is called a dog, and is, in fact, the most precious and valuable possession of mankind." (Theodorus Gaza)

Crooke sounds like she was very special :grouphug .

SunnySophiePegsdon.jpg

When a relationship of love is disrupted, the relationship does not cease. The love continues; therefore, the relationship continues. The work of grief is to reconcile and redeem life to a different love relationship. ~ W Scott Lineberry

Always Greyhounds Home Boarding and Greyhounds With Love House Sitting

I remember when you lost Crooke. It was so sad then, just as it still is now. She is missed by many :grouphug

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

Guest greymama002

Thank you for sharing Crooke's story; how perfect that you found each other and shared so much joy together! And then she sent you someone new to need you! She was a treasure for sure! :angelwings

Guest Vinnie

I love the photos of your sweet and beautiful Crooke! And it's wonderful to know that she sent you sweet and goofy Elphie! Hugs to you. Good girl Crooke, keep watching over mom and guiding Elphie!

I'm sorry you lost your baby. I'm glad I was part of helping you heal by helping you get Elphie. She sure is beautiful. I'm sure in a way, part of that beauty comes from Crooke.

Mindy

Edited by GreytMaxsMom

Mom to Max (grey), Buttermilk (grey) and Winston (iggy) and Skinkids, Ally and Ben! In loving memory of Angels Chelsey(Weim), whom we lost on August 26, 2004, Majestic(Chow) on November 20, 2005, on October 5, 2007, we lost Natasha(lab mix), and on May 28, 2009 we lost our greyhound Ike born 7/31/2005 You were too young to go!!!! We lost Monte(Whippet) on September 23, 2009. We miss you all!