Cali's Through The Surgery

Had good news after anxious hours of waiting that the surgery is done and Cali's doing well.

She had an allergic reaction to something and her face swelled up, but everything's golden as of now! :yay

We can't go see her tonight, but will definitely be calling later on as well as tomorrow morning.

Dr. Bruce said they'll watch her closely for all the "greyhound stuff" that usually happens in the first couple of days after surgery.

Thanks for all your prayers and well wishes. :wubsite

Vicky and my best boys Vern (Rockin Big Mike) and Wil (Deco Abilene Wil).

Missing my best girl Cali (BOC's Kaylynn) at the Bridge.

Guest greytkidsmom

Glad that awful stuff is gone.

May it stay away for a very long time.

Now to focus on lots of love and good healing.

Sending lots more prayers for a quick recovery. :grouphug:hope:hope:hope

darlenesiggy2.jpg
Darlene Mom to: Aladdin, Sophie ,Pongo, Jasmine, Relic Forever in our Hearts Champ at the Rainbow Bridge.

Let a greyhound race into your heart Adopt

Bay Area Greyhound Adoptions INC. Naples/ Fort Myers Chapter

Glad to hear the surgery is over and she is doing well. She'll be back home with you before you know it.

gallery_6279_2888_88479.jpg

Hobbes - April 2, 1994 to April 9, 2008-----Tasha - May 23, 2000 to March 31, 2013

Fiona - Aug 29, 2001 to May 5, 2014-----Bailey - March 22, 2001 to Jan 20, 2015

Zeke - June 1, 2004 - Jan 26, 2016----Callie - July 14, 2006 to July 27, 2019

Forever in my heart: Chooch, Molly, Dylan & Lucy

Guest HeatherDemps

Big sigh of relief here for you and her!! I know how scarey it is waiting for that news. Keep hanging in there- it will only get better and better from here! :)

That's good news! :) Holding your baby girl in my prayers for a smooth healing process. :hope

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

Glad to hear surgery's done and went well! Sending lots of prayers for smooth sailing from here on in.

...............Chase (FTH Smooth Talker), Morgan (Cata), Reggie (Gable Caney), Rufus
(Reward RJ). Fosters check in, but they don't check out.
Forever loved -- Cosmo (System Br Mynoel), March 11, 2002 - October 8, 2009.
Miss Cosmo was a lady. And a lady always knows when to leave.

This is such a difficult time, but I'm so glad the surgery went well. I hope her recovery is as easy as possible. Please let us know how she's doing.

Edited by queenwinniesmom

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

Guest HeatherDemps

Not to sound negative or anything, but to caution you to be prepared for how she will look... Our regular vet (didn't do surgery) had told me a bit of what to expect and also told me that I would have a moment where I wondered if we had made the right choice. Despite "knowing" that, it was hard....

For us, we saw our boy 2 days after the surgery and although I was relieved that the surgery was over and knew we had done the right thing for him, it was still rough to see him looking like that. The remaining front leg was wrapped because it was swollen. He was bruised terribly from neck to groin and the skin of his belly was hanging low because of fluids. Our boy was also a bit neurotic, so he also had that totally panic-stricken look in his eyes. :)

We got to bring him home the next day though and already within that 24 hours there was a massive improvement.

I hope you enjoy your visit and that she has a quick recovery!

Heather

Just got off the phone with the vet and Cali's doing OK. She still won't get up or eat so I'm going to go see her after work. Hopefully seeing me and my daughter will help her out.

Not to sound negative or anything, but to caution you to be prepared for how she will look... Our regular vet (didn't do surgery) had told me a bit of what to expect and also told me that I would have a moment where I wondered if we had made the right choice. Despite "knowing" that, it was hard....

For us, we saw our boy 2 days after the surgery and although I was relieved that the surgery was over and knew we had done the right thing for him, it was still rough to see him looking like that. The remaining front leg was wrapped because it was swollen. He was bruised terribly from neck to groin and the skin of his belly was hanging low because of fluids. Our boy was also a bit neurotic, so he also had that totally panic-stricken look in his eyes. :)

We got to bring him home the next day though and already within that 24 hours there was a massive improvement.

I hope you enjoy your visit and that she has a quick recovery!

Heather

Just got off the phone with the vet and Cali's doing OK. She still won't get up or eat so I'm going to go see her after work. Hopefully seeing me and my daughter will help her out.

Thanks, I'll keep this in mind.

Vicky and my best boys Vern (Rockin Big Mike) and Wil (Deco Abilene Wil).

Missing my best girl Cali (BOC's Kaylynn) at the Bridge.

Sending lots of healing thoughts and prayers for your little girl.

...............Chase (FTH Smooth Talker), Morgan (Cata), Reggie (Gable Caney), Rufus
(Reward RJ). Fosters check in, but they don't check out.
Forever loved -- Cosmo (System Br Mynoel), March 11, 2002 - October 8, 2009.
Miss Cosmo was a lady. And a lady always knows when to leave.