It Is June - Quinnie's Month

Guest Cara_Lea

Guest caiteag

June was Quinn's month. His birthday and gotcha day are both in June... a week apart actually. So far I am doing better this year than I did last year.. but my heart is still hurting and I am still missing my old man desperately. Nancy and I have been talking a lot since Hunky's death and through our talks I have realized that while I am doing better on a daily basis, I still haven't worked through all of my grief and loss.

Quinn was my introduction to the greyhound world. He was 10 when he came home to us, horribly underweight and scared... and during the four years we had together, he got healthy (and even a little pudgy at times) and he learned to assert himself (in mostly appropriate ways) and not be afraid.. but he still had his issues. We got to a point though.. my Quinnie and I.. we knew each other, understood each other, needed each other and accepted each other for who we were... issues and all. I have said it before and I will say it again, Quinn saved me.

I am incredibly blessed to have been his Mom... and I have been blessed to know that I didn't let him go too soon, and I didn't make him wait too long... I trusted I would somehow know when it was time and I did... but I do wish he could have somehow stayed longer.

I miss you Quinnie... Happy Birthday and Gotcha day old man!!

With his Lambie...

may23_2007_03.jpg

Kung Fu Quinnie

quinnfun11.jpg

Having fun with his monkey

quinn_play_021106_01.jpg

He loved catching snowballs in the winter...

quinn91.jpg

Hanging out with his little sister...

july12_2007_03.jpg

Enjoying his cake on his 14th birthday...

June12_2007_04.jpg

Looking like the distinguished older gentleman that he liked everyone to think he was...

quinn117.jpg

Being the big goofball that we got to see only when he was home with just us...

march15_2006_02.jpg

My favourite picture of us together...

april22_2007_07.jpg

Edited by caiteag

Happy Birthday and Gotcha Day at the bridge Quinn. I know just how you feel Cara Lea, I go through spells like that with Emmy and Andy also. A huge hug to you.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

Wasn't he the most amazing fellow? And soooooooooooooooooo handsome.

Sending gentle hugs to you during your time of remembrance.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

:grouphug

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

That made me tear up big time. :weep :weep

Cara-Lea... :grouphug :grouphug :grouphug :grouphug

Such a beautiful face... I've always loved seeing him here. It must be so hard - I can't even begin to imagine... :(

sadhugsmiley.gif

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

Guest multigrey

How I love to see pictures of this very special boy!! My heart goes out to you and thank you for the lovely tribute that was a pleasure to read.

How lucky you both were to have each other.

xoxoxox

Guest caiteag

Thank you so much, everyone. Today would have been his 16th Birthday... and I wish we could have celebrated it together.. but I know he is watching over me and shaking his head at the tears in my eyes. I know he would rather I smile than cry... so I am doing my best.

:grouphug

SunnySophiePegsdon.jpg

When a relationship of love is disrupted, the relationship does not cease. The love continues; therefore, the relationship continues. The work of grief is to reconcile and redeem life to a different love relationship. ~ W Scott Lineberry

Always Greyhounds Home Boarding and Greyhounds With Love House Sitting

Guest caiteag

Today would have been his 6th Gotcha Day. He was so skinny and scaredd when he got here... but when he finally realized we were going to love and feed him and keep him safe, he just relaxed and fell asleep with his head on Sue's lap. I'll never forget that day....

I miss you baby boy!!