Britt Fisher Aka Dia 9/22/96 - 6/5/09

Guest diagirl

Guest diagirl

I don't write very eloquently, so this will just be a stream of consciousness. I adopted Dia nine years to the week she died. I adopted her as a companion to my mellow chihuahua (I know that's hard to believe). Noche (the chihuahua) taught her how to be a house dog. When Noche developed doggie Alzhiemer's, Dia showed Noche how to behave like a dog. When I brought the Yorkie into the house, she brought out the puppy in Dia--they would play until Dia got tired.

Dia was such an elegant girl. She was never that affectionate, but I knew she loved me. She was my rock.

A friend brought up a nice thought: Noche is up in heaven licking Dia's ears. She used to love that.

I miss you Diagirl!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm so sorry. :cry1

Godspeed Dia.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Run free and healthy, Dia sweetie and enjoy those ear baths you're getting again.

Maybe some pictures when you can?

gallery_14387_3165_6886.jpg

Patsy and DH with the Humane Society specials, Linus & Jazz, in North Dakota

My deepest condolences to you. :grouphug Godspeed, sweet Dia... :gh_run

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

I'm so sorry for your loss. I just figured out Dia's name now that you've mentioned Noche's. I'm sure they're together again, complementing each other at the bridge as they did here. Godspeed Dia! f_yellow

gallery_7491_3326_2049.jpg

Deirdre with Conor (Daring Pocobueno), Keeva (Kiowa Mimi Mona), & kittehs Gemma & robthomas.

Our beloved angels Faolin & Liath, & kittehs Mona & Caesar. Remembering Bobby, Doc McCoy, & Chip McGrath.

"He feeds you, pets you, adores you, collects your poop in a bag. There's only one explanation: you are a hairy little god." Nick Galifinakis

I'm very sorry for your loss.

Mary, mom to kitty Rebel.
Always missing Sherri (SO DELICIOUS) (12/6/2005-8/29/2018) kitties Marley (4/2000-12/3/2015) and Beady (4/1998-2/24/2006) and Dalmatian Daisy (7/25/1984-5/13/1999).

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work

and give to those who would not - Thomas Jefferson