Heartbroken

Guest firsttimer

Guest firsttimer

On Wednesday we lost our Senator. He had mast cell tumors in his liver, spleen, lymph nodes and probably everywhere else. He was only 6 and went downhill so fast. I've been too stunned and heartsick to post. We did all we could to make him comfortable and didn't allow him to suffer. I take comfort in the fact that we gave him a happy life for the 4 years he was with us but he left too soon. We were able to have the vet come to the house and he spent his last moments laying in the grass in the yard he loved to run in. We had him cremated with his favorite toy and will keep him with us always. He was our first greyhound and was a wonderful greyhound ambassador. I think he converted everyone he met to the cause. I know we will always adopt greyhounds in the future and will help another hound when we stop crying. Please keep us in your prayers and wish Senator green meadows at the bridge.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm so sorry. :cry1 He was so young. :(

Godspeed Senator.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

I'm so sorry. :(

Farewell darling Senator.

Jennifer and Beamish (an unnamed Irish-born Racer) DOB: October 30, 2011

Forever and always missing my "Vowels", Icarus, Atlas, Orion, Uber, and Miss Echo, and Mojito.

Guest greytful4

My girl, Kylie also six and died of cancer also crossed the bridge this month...bet she met him at the bridge today. :gh_bow

Guest jurishound

My deepest condolences to you and your family. How wonderful that he had four terrific years with a family that loved him so. Godspeed, little one. :gh_run

I'm so sorry for your loss. He was too young to leave you but he was well loved for the time he was here. Godspeed Senator! f_yellow

gallery_7491_3326_2049.jpg

Deirdre with Conor (Daring Pocobueno), Keeva (Kiowa Mimi Mona), & kittehs Gemma & robthomas.

Our beloved angels Faolin & Liath, & kittehs Mona & Caesar. Remembering Bobby, Doc McCoy, & Chip McGrath.

"He feeds you, pets you, adores you, collects your poop in a bag. There's only one explanation: you are a hairy little god." Nick Galifinakis

Guest kydie

I am so very sorry, you are so brave, I have heard people say:"it just a dog", I say back, You don't understand unless you have loved and been loved back by a dog and dog spelled backwards is God, white light to you and your beloved friend

Guest IrskasMom
:grouphug I know how much it hurts. Take comfort in the fact he was sent off in love. So many are not....

:f_white

I am so very sorry for your Loss of Senator ( a young Pup ) :grouphug:f_red:grouphug:f_red:grouphug:f_red

Guest willie_parker

I am so sorry to hear about your grey. :sad1

I am new on here,this is my first post.

I lost a sheperd/doberman mix to lymphosarcoma almost a year after he had a tumor successfully

removed from his lung at OSU.

Then I lost my little girl a rat terrier sort of mix at the age of 18 from kidney disease. Pretty good age for her.

So I had my newfie/border collie mix still & decided to get her a playmate.

I have a black greyhound named Willie Parker & they love each others company.

I just love greys.

Again my prayers & thoughts are with you.

Guest greymama002

I'm so sorry your precious boy had to leave you so soon. :angelwings How lucky he was to be loved so much. Hugs & prayers for you :bighug