Rascal Update

You may recall this thread.... Rascal aka Princess Lumpy

This was basically the last thread I posted until now. It has been an absolutely awful month, actually year...we lost Buddy to lymphoma in March; then my precious daughter was killed a month ago....and that is an ongoing nightmare....

Well, now Rascal has some form of cancer. The lump on her leg (referred to in the prior post) kept getting larger. We had it looked at, and to make a long story short, they saw spindle cells in there.

She is at the vet getting ready to go into surgery right now. They need to get more material for biopsy, to find out exactly what it is, and to stop the fluid production if possible.

This is like the final kick in the teeth. I dropped her off this morning, and cried the whole way home...I just want to talk to my daughter, and I can't.

Phoebe (Belle's Sweetpea) adopted 9/2/13.

Jack (BTR Captain Jack) 9/28/05--11/2/12
Always missing Buddy, Ruby, and Rascal.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ss556

Oh, I'm so so sorry for all you have been through. I don't even know what to say except that I am praying for you. We are here for you. :grouphug

My heart goes out to you. Sending lots of prayers and gentle hugs.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest Che_mar_Cody

Oh Melissa, I'm so sorry and I'm afraid. In that post I told you Cody has the same thing at the same spot.

My prayers are with you :bighug :bighug and that Rascal pulls through.

Guest trevdog

We are here for you....not the same but you can talk here.....sending lots of prayers to you both. Sending some hugs.....

:grouphug

Sending prayers for Rascal, but also many for you. One should not have to go through what you have in such a short period of time. :grouphug

Jennifer and Beamish (an unnamed Irish-born Racer) DOB: October 30, 2011

Forever and always missing my "Vowels", Icarus, Atlas, Orion, Uber, and Miss Echo, and Mojito.

Guest oldNELLIE

I am sorry for all you are having to deal with...that is all too much for anyone to handle :(

Our thoughts are with you, your family and your pooch. I hope you are able to find some peace today.

Many Many Hugs to you.....

:grouphug

:bighug

gallery_4518_2903_10272.jpg
Donna and...Lucy and Chubb
Rascal H 10/1/91-5/22/04 My best friend and Bounty Boon 1/23/99-6/25/07 My boy with the biggest heart
Cody 7/28/99-8/1/13 My boy that always made me laugh and Dylan 5/12/04-12/29/2017 The sweetest boy ever

Miss Mollie 1/1/99-1/30/15 and Pixie :heart:heart-10/10/2017 Lincoln :heart-2/14/2021

Guest SusanP
:grouphug :grouphug :grouphug Let us know as soon as you hear something. Please take care of yourself. You have been through so much...

Guest jettcricket

I'm so sorry....my heart is breaking for you. I can't even begin to imagine how hard this is for you.... :grouphug

No advice, just good thoughts coming your way.

gallery_16605_3214_8259.jpg

Cindy with Miss Fancypants, Paris Bueller, Zeke, and Angus 
Dante (Dg's Boyd), Zoe (In a While), Brady (Devilish Effect), Goose (BG Shotgun), Maverick (BG ShoMe), Maggie (All Trades Jax), Sherman (LNB Herman Bad) and Indy (BYB whippet) forever in my heart
The flame that burns the brightest, burns the fastest and leaves the biggest shadow

Oh Melissa, I'm so very sorry. You have had more than your share of tragedy lately. My heart goes out to you. Many prayers for Rascal.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

Oh no. For pete's sake. It's all so much!

If I could wrap my arms around you and just hold on tight, I would. We'll watch and wait with you, and go through whatever follows with you.

:bighug :bighug :bighug

GT-siggy-spring12.jpg

My Inspirations: Grey Pogo, borzoi Katie, Meep the cat, AND MY BELOVED DH!!!
Missing Rowdy, Coco, Brilly, Happy and Wabi.