Rip Peanut...

Guest Zookiesmom

Guest Zookiesmom

My kitty, that we adopted when I was about 5 or so, so she was 20 years old or more, died today, at 4:45pm. She didn't live with me since we moved a few hours away and DH is allergic to cats, but I saw her everytime I went to visit my parents. She started to go blind over Christmas and just this past Monday went completely blind and started to go downhill. I wanted my parents to take her to be put down, but they said she wasn't suffering and my brother wasn't ready, he thought she would be better off at home. She was as much his cat as mine, he hated her until I moved away, but when I was gone she spent all her time with him. I felt he had just as much say as me, if not more, so I let him make the decision. She died at home, with my mom. My brother came to talk to her afterwards. I named her pancake... but it never stuck, and she was called peanut more often than pancake. I don't remember much of my life without her, and I can't believe she is gone now. Bailey, the younger cat we took in just before I moved away almost 4 years ago, who did not get along with peanut well, spent most of today laying with her, comforting her. Its crazy how animals just know. I wish I could have been there with her. We're going to be there Friday night. 2 more days. I still missed her. I'll end with a picture because I can't go on anymore. It's recent, from just a couple months ago.

n636925141_7075387_2840983.jpg

I'm so sorry. :cry1 She was a very pretty little girl.

Godspeed Peanut.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

I am so sorry. What a pretty little girl! No matter how long, it's never long enough . . .

gallery_16605_3214_8259.jpg

Cindy with Miss Fancypants, Paris Bueller, Zeke, and Angus 
Dante (Dg's Boyd), Zoe (In a While), Brady (Devilish Effect), Goose (BG Shotgun), Maverick (BG ShoMe), Maggie (All Trades Jax), Sherman (LNB Herman Bad) and Indy (BYB whippet) forever in my heart
The flame that burns the brightest, burns the fastest and leaves the biggest shadow

She was beautiful & didn't look her age. She was a lucky girl to have so many that loved her. Godspeed Peanut! f_yellow

gallery_7491_3326_2049.jpg

Deirdre with Conor (Daring Pocobueno), Keeva (Kiowa Mimi Mona), & kittehs Gemma & robthomas.

Our beloved angels Faolin & Liath, & kittehs Mona & Caesar. Remembering Bobby, Doc McCoy, & Chip McGrath.

"He feeds you, pets you, adores you, collects your poop in a bag. There's only one explanation: you are a hairy little god." Nick Galifinakis

I'm sorry R. Take good care. I know how much you love your kitties. :grouphug

Run free sweet Peanut/Pancake.

Jennifer and Beamish (an unnamed Irish-born Racer) DOB: October 30, 2011

Forever and always missing my "Vowels", Icarus, Atlas, Orion, Uber, and Miss Echo, and Mojito.

:f_pink

RIP Peanut. So sorry for your loss. One gets so attached to them especially when they live with us for so long.

Tin and Misty, Foggy and Jasper (kitties) at the 'Bridge

Tin and Michael and Lucas, Picasso, Hero, Oasis, Galina, Neizan, Enzo, Salvo and Noor the Galgos.
Remembering Bridge Angel Greyhounds: Tosca, Jamey, Master, Diego, and Ambi; plus Angel Galgos Jules, Marco and Baltasar.

I'm so sorry. Peanut was a beautiful girl! She certainly didn't look her age at all!

:grouphug

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France

What a sweetheart - I'm so sorry she had to leave.

:grouphug

SunnySophiePegsdon.jpg

When a relationship of love is disrupted, the relationship does not cease. The love continues; therefore, the relationship continues. The work of grief is to reconcile and redeem life to a different love relationship. ~ W Scott Lineberry

Always Greyhounds Home Boarding and Greyhounds With Love House Sitting