Normally Wouldn't Ask

Guest BlackandBrindle

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest BlackandBrindle
Poor baby! Time to end the roller-coaster ride!!! Her titer dropped in half last time. It will do it again! There is also Itraconazole if she keeps getting sick on the Fluconazole. It is suppose to have less stomach issues IIRC. Some doctors say this is the better medication. We tried it with no luck...but I expect nothing less out of Shanti. :rolleyes:

We are on the same timing. ;) I will keep my fingers crossed for Miss Sadie Bug too!

We'll keep Shanti in our thoughts and prayers as well. Her titer didn't drop at all last time (it was the time before that that it dropped). 10 months is enough of this. Roy is tired of medicating her when she doesn't really show any symptoms. He's ready to stop all together, but I told him we'll have to see what the titers say.

I just want her to be healthy and happy. Just when I think we have a good rhythm something goes a bit haywire and she's miserable again.

I know things could be infinitely worse. I am grateful she has a disease we can treat and hopefully cure (or at least put into remission.)

Lots of prayers going out to your sweetest girlie.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Lots and lots of good thoughts coming your way.

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

Sending lots of Good Thoughts for Sadie!!!!

darlenesiggy2.jpg
Darlene Mom to: Aladdin, Sophie ,Pongo, Jasmine, Relic Forever in our Hearts Champ at the Rainbow Bridge.

Let a greyhound race into your heart Adopt

Bay Area Greyhound Adoptions INC. Naples/ Fort Myers Chapter

Guest TurnerMiller01

You GOT IT!!!

Prayers and Positive Thoughts your way for a low titer result.

good luck tomorrow...

and a big hug for you both.

:bighug:bighug

Sending my many prayers for the pretty little girl. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Guest BlackandBrindle

Thanks everyone :)

I put the note IN ROY'S WALLET and told him to WRITE DOWN THE VET'S ANSWERS. :rolleyes::lol

We'll see how he does :rolleyes:

I"ll also send him a text about the note about 12:30. His memory is like a sieve.

Guest TippyTy

Everything is crossed that can be crossed. :kiss2 for Sadie.

How 'bout a digital voice recorder? That way Roy could just record the vet's answers. :)

Guest BlackandBrindle

Today is blood draw and we'll have the results by Friday.

Roy just dropped my lunch off for me and I am sure is with the vet right now.

Guest BlackandBrindle

I'm going to rant a bit now :angry:

The vet said Sadie's vomiting has nothing to do with the meds and is just how her system reacts to her (raw) diet. :rolleyes: The vomiting was never a problem before we put her on the meds.

He also said there isn't another anti-fungal to put her on. :angryfire I know this to be false.

Roy said he was barely in the room at all but that we should have some results tomorrow morning. I'm not sure if he meant liver (I'm pretty sure) or valley fever as well.

So I'll be taking my girl to a vet across town. A couple of friends (here on GT) take their pups there and really trust the vet. I'll use the emergency clinic for things that need to be seen right away, but other than that I'll be using the new vet.

This vet just doesn't ever take me seriously when I ask questions. I don't know if it's because his bedside manner sucks or he just expects me to be some Joe Shmoe pet owner who doesn't question anything.

In the past year and a half that we've been going to him we have easily spent over $3000 between the two pups.

Ugh. Sorry, rant over :blush