Our Sweet Girl Lisa

Guest LANDOLISA

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm so sorry

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

You went to the best place to get the diagnosis and made the best decision for Lisa. Everyone with a sick greyt second guesses their decisions or at the very least, the timing of those decisions. You showed her how very much you loved her by releasing her from her pain. Better a day too early than an hour too late.

I am so very sorry for your loss. I will keep you tucked gently in our prayers.

Godspeed, Lisa. :f_pink:gh_run2:f_pink

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

She is definitely a beauty, I am very sorry for you loss far too soon. :gh_run

Run free Lisa, run free...

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

Guest FullMetalFrank

I am sorry for the loss of your beautiful girl, and I long for a day when no one will ever have to post about another dog lost to cancer... Godspeed, pretty girl...

I'm so sorry!!! :cry1 :cry1 :cry1

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

I'm so sorry about your lovely Lisa... I agree with Burpdog... if it was in 2 places, it was probably in many more...

It's hard not to second-guess yourself - we all do it. But you had the BEST place in the country working with you so be assured their diagnosis was probably right on the money. And that would have been too much to put her through...

Jeannine with Merlin, the crazed tabby cat and his sister, Jasmine, the brat-cat

With GTsiggieFromJenn.jpgAngel Cody(Roving Gemini), and Weenie the tortie waiting at the Bridge

Guest LANDOLISA

First of all, I want to thank all of you for your warm and thoughtful condolences.

Second, I just want to share a little more about LISA… On May 4, 2002, she found us by fate. My daughter, age 10 at the time, and I were at our local mall, for what was a “May Play Day” for Kids. There was also a meet and greet in the mall, by our local adoption agency (no longer in existence). Neither of us had ever seen a Greyhound in person, so we cautiously ventured over. We enjoyed seeing all the Greys, and while I was talking with the members about the adoption procedure, one of them mentioned that it looks like one of the Greys, has selected us. I turned around to see LISA, lying on the ground with the upper part of her body on my daughters’ lap, where my daughter had sat on the ground. From that moment on I knew she was our girl. She came to live with us permanently on the 16th of May 2002.

Lisa elected to adopt us, 7 short years ago. We consider ourselves lucky and will always be forever grateful for her choice. She gave us unlimited hours of smiles, laughter, and heartfelt pleasure, which we will always cherish and never forget.

Thank you LISA for all the love, you’ll never leave our hearts.

LISAII.jpg

Guest Carla

I am so so sorry. Please do not second guess your self, you made your decision out of your love for Lisa.

You gave her the best option available - freedom from pain. Lisa is smiling down upon you thanking you

for the wonderful life you gave her.

Godspeed Lisa, you are greytly missed.

:f_pink:f_pink:f_pink

:brokenheart

I am so sad for you. What a beauty. Lisa reminds me of my Holly, same age, also white (with little fawn ears!), adopted the same year.

While this may be of little consolation to you, I would have made the same decision - despite the unbearable anguish and grief.

I made a promise to my puppers that when the time comes, I will not allow them to suffer in pain. And that was your most unselfish gift of love to Lisa. You will see her again.