Our Sweet Girl Lisa

Guest LANDOLISA

Guest LANDOLISA

It is with a heavy heart that I have to tell of the passing of our sweet little girl LISA at the young age of 9.

She had been sick off and on for a few months, (vomiting, and diarrhea) and our local vets kept giving her antibiotics. She then started to favor her left front leg. We proceeded to take her to Ohio State University, to have her checked. On the Initial examination they found that she had bone cancer in her left leg. Upon further examinations the found that her stomach wall was 3 times too large and then found Cancer cells in her lymph nodes. They were 95% sure the cancer was in her stomach.

They conversed with us about removing her left front leg and part of her stomach, plus putting her through Chemotherapy every two weeks, without any guarantee of giving her any type of quality life. The other option was to put her down. After consideration we decided on euthanasia. It was the hardest thing ever to have to decide. We couldn’t see putting her through all the surgeries and chemotherapy.

We miss her so much and now I feel guilty, what if the doctors were wrong. What if we ended her life too soon?

She was the sweetest and orneriest girl. She was always next to our sides like a little white ghost. She loved hugs and kisses. She would lie on our laps and then put her nose up in the air like “Snoopy”, to give us kisses. She loved her walks and loved to twirl and run in the back yard. She is missed by her “Brother” Lando so much.

Please remember her in your prayers, and give your greys a hug for her.

LISATOY.jpgwork001.jpgwheresying.jpg

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a beautiful girl. I am so sorry. You did what you felt was the best for her and not what was maybe best for you. That is the most selfless gift you could give. It is obvious by her pictures that she knows she was loved.

gallery_16605_3214_8259.jpg

Cindy with Miss Fancypants, Paris Bueller, Zeke, and Angus 
Dante (Dg's Boyd), Zoe (In a While), Brady (Devilish Effect), Goose (BG Shotgun), Maverick (BG ShoMe), Maggie (All Trades Jax), Sherman (LNB Herman Bad) and Indy (BYB whippet) forever in my heart
The flame that burns the brightest, burns the fastest and leaves the biggest shadow

Guest brandi007

I'm so sorry, such a beautiful lady!

You did what you did because you love her and you should never doubt that. :grouphug

I'm so sorry you had to lose your beautiful girl. You loved her very much and she knew it; please remember that.

Godspeed, Lisa.

:f_pink:f_pink:f_pink

Mary, mom to kitty Rebel.
Always missing Sherri (SO DELICIOUS) (12/6/2005-8/29/2018) kitties Marley (4/2000-12/3/2015) and Beady (4/1998-2/24/2006) and Dalmatian Daisy (7/25/1984-5/13/1999).

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work

and give to those who would not - Thomas Jefferson

Sending my sympathy :( We always second guess ourselves. The surgery you mention was quite involved and in my opinion, if it was in the leg and in the stomach, she had it other places. Fighting one battle is tough, but two is extremely difficult.

She is very beautiful and running like the wind, checking out all the boys in Rainbow Land :)

:f_white

Diane & The Senior Gang

Burpdog Biscuits

Guest how888

I am so very sorry... Just know she is only a rainbow away.. :f_pink An angel that once graced the earth now graces our Heavens.... Rest in peace sweetie... :gh_lay

I'm so very sorry. :cry1

Godspeed Lisa.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Guest Gert
Fighting one battle is tough, but two is extremely difficult.

I agree with Diane. Please don't second guess yourself. You did what you did because you love her.

I'm so very sorry for your loss.

Godspeed, Sweet Lisa. :gh_run

:f_red I am so very sorry. Guilt is a natural emotion for us at a time like this. And even as I am typing the words I know to be true, I feel guilt as well.

Deep down, we did what we did out of the purest love that there is.

God speed beautiful girl, and run with all the Angels, pain free. Please continue to watch over those who love you.

:gh_run

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

I am so sorry for the loss of your special girl, Lisa. You were her best friend and you gave her the gift of being pain free and to be at peaceful rest. You made the decision because you love her.

I do hate cancer. It is the thief who robs us every day of those we love.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

Guest PhillyPups

:bighug You gave beautiful Lisa the hardest, but greatest gift of love we can ever give our hounds, you took her physical pain and placed it in your heart to let her run pain free. I so know how very hard the decision is, the pain is always fresh. Sitting here crying with you for the loss of such a beautiful being.

Run with the angels sweet Lisa, you are with some of the very very best there are ~

I'm so sorry for your loss. FWIW, I think you did the right thing by Lisa - from giving her a wonderful home to letting her go. She was a beautiful girl & I will definitely give my boys a hug on her behalf. Godspeed Lisa! f_yellow

gallery_7491_3326_2049.jpg

Deirdre with Conor (Daring Pocobueno), Keeva (Kiowa Mimi Mona), & kittehs Gemma & robthomas.

Our beloved angels Faolin & Liath, & kittehs Mona & Caesar. Remembering Bobby, Doc McCoy, & Chip McGrath.

"He feeds you, pets you, adores you, collects your poop in a bag. There's only one explanation: you are a hairy little god." Nick Galifinakis

Guest ss556

I am so very sorry. What a beautiful girl, now a beautiful Angel.

Praying that you find peace and comfort soon.

I too, know the pain.

Guest greymama002

So sorry that your precious girl was taken from you so soon. Giving my boys an extra big hug tonight from your sweetie, and sending :bighug for you & Lando. :bighug