I Just Lost My First Greyhound

tra708

at 11pm last night we had to let our dear sweet Abby go. i can't begin to imagine what today will be like or the next day or the next day. we had her for 13yrs and she was a great great dog. i am sure i will find some comfort on this forum, reading other people's stories. thanks to everyone who writes in, through their tears. if i know some people are watching her video today, it will ease the grief.

tracy

naples fl

2rqyqhd.jpg

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest how888

I just watched it twice.. It is so touching and hold those memories close to your heart... I watched how she went to get the mail. I have never seen anything like it... She left paw prints on everyone's heart, I'm sure.... Saying I'm sorry seems so inadequate... Just know we are all here for the support day and night.............

:f_pink:gh_run:f_pink Abby, send mommy a sign from 'Somewhere Over The Rainbow."

Guest KateWantsaGrey

that is so hard. I lost Bandit, my childhood pet, in Feb. He was 19 years old. I am so sorry that you have to go through this right now.

Guest ShelbyzMom
:grouphug I'm so sorry. I watched your video, it made me smile :) Was that the dog beach in Ft. Myers? I'm from Cape Coral and we were able to take Shelby there once. What a beautiful girl :bighug

Guest CDNgreys

What a beautiful girl. That was a very special video. Looks like she had a very full and happy 13 years with you.

I'm sorry it was time to say good bye.

:f_pink

Guest GreytMuse

What a gorgeous girl! :heart She was obviously so well-loved and such a part of your family.

You were both so fortunate to have made so many wonderful memories together! Please accept my deepest condolences and know that we are here for you.

Guest Harry702

I'm so sorry for the loss of your sweet Abby. Looks like she was a very special dog. :grouphug

Thank you for sharing the video. :f_pink

I'm so sorry. :cry1

Godspeed Abby.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

I am very sorry for your loss. In watching the lovely video of Abby, it is so easy to see how happy and loved she was. She was beautiful and had such spirit & enthusiasm in everything she seemed to be doing. It hurts terribly to have to say goodbye - please hold on to all those wonderful moments with Abby. In time they will bring you comfort and smiles at the joy she brought to your life. Every one here truly understands.

:f_pink :f_pink :f_pink

gallery_6279_2888_88479.jpg

Hobbes - April 2, 1994 to April 9, 2008-----Tasha - May 23, 2000 to March 31, 2013

Fiona - Aug 29, 2001 to May 5, 2014-----Bailey - March 22, 2001 to Jan 20, 2015

Zeke - June 1, 2004 - Jan 26, 2016----Callie - July 14, 2006 to July 27, 2019

Forever in my heart: Chooch, Molly, Dylan & Lucy

I'm so sorry for your loss. What a beautiful video that is! What joy & happiness you both shared & for so many years.

Abby was a gorgeous girl & so fortunate to be so loved. Godspeed Abby! f_yellow

gallery_7491_3326_2049.jpg

Deirdre with Conor (Daring Pocobueno), Keeva (Kiowa Mimi Mona), & kittehs Gemma & robthomas.

Our beloved angels Faolin & Liath, & kittehs Mona & Caesar. Remembering Bobby, Doc McCoy, & Chip McGrath.

"He feeds you, pets you, adores you, collects your poop in a bag. There's only one explanation: you are a hairy little god." Nick Galifinakis

I am so terribly sorry. Abby is beautiful, and looks like an amazing, happy, special, much loved girl. I love the postman pictures, and the pictures of her cuddling with the black and white kitty. So lovely how she leapt through the water, too!

:f_white

With Cocoa (DC Chocolatedrop), missing B for Beth (2006-2015)
And kitties C.J., Klara, Bernadette, John-Boy, & Sinbad

Guest SueG201

:f_pink:gh_lay I am so sorry for your loss, she was beautiful and so full of life

Godspeed Sweet Abby and let your mama know you made if over the bridge

That was lovely and Abby was beautiful. I loved that she brought in the paper! I am so sorry for your loss. :f_pink:f_pink:f_red:f_white

"To err is human, to forgive, canine" Audrey, Nova, Cosmo and Holden in NY - Darius and Asia you are both irreplaceable and will be forever in my heart beatinghearts.gif

Loved that video. It really showed just how bonded you and she were. Thank you for sharing and I am so sorry for the loss.

gallery_12867_3348_20333.jpg
~Beth, with a crazy mixed crew of misfits.
~ Forever and Always missing and loving Steak, Carmen, Ivy, Isis, and Madi.
Don't cry because it's ended, Smile because it happened.
Before you judge me, try to keep an open mind, not everyone likes your taste.

Guest TBSFlame

I am so sorry for your great loss. You can tell she was loved by you and loved you. She was happy. What more could any of us ask for but to be happy and loved.

I am so very sorry. The song in the video is very fitting--Abby seemed like she was a friend to all, including kittehs and the postal carrier!

Run free, pretty girl... :gh_run2

Pam with Sockem the GH, Birdie the JRT, Osorno the chocolate lab, and Shelby the shepherd mix. Missing Clarice (1991-2007) and Lily (2004-2012), always in our hearts.

My deepest condolences to you. :grouphug The video is a lovely tribute to your happy hound. :)

Godspeed, sweet Abby... :gh_run

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.