A Tribute To Queen Softee

6greyhounds

Softee

It was September of 1998 that you came into our lives. Nikki, our collie/shep mix, had gone to the Bridge, and we did not want Shadow to be an only child. When we brought you home you just moved on in as if you had lived here all of your life. You bonded instantly to your dad and Shadow, which amazed Judy (your foster mom) and Jane Drellow,(co-founder of Going Home Greyhounds) as you had taken about two weeks to make up with your foster dad. We soon found out you did not care for men. There were only three men in your life at that time; your dad, little Ricky (my grandson who is now in 9th. Grade) and Santa Claus ... and who doesn’t like Santa? If a man came into your home you tolerated him for a couple of minutes, then gave him a look as if to say “You have been here long enough, when are you leaving”. If they did not leave as soon as you wanted them to go, you flew up stairs and stayed there until they were gone. Your little feet were like pistons but you never made a sound. They sure did give you a good name, Softshoesureshot. In time you learned that all men were not ogres and you started to warm up to a few that you decided were okay in your book.

You loved taking trips. You made it to Florida, New Jersey, Ohio and Dewey Beach. You always seemed to know when a rest stop was coming up. I swear you could read especially when a sign came up saying there was a rest stop ahead.

In 2008 you were made Queen of Grey Talk as the oldest female greyhound on that board, and you wore your crown with pride. At Dewey, you met some of your loving subjects, including Xan, who had done your Royal Portrait.

Missing you Mom, Dad

PS: Received your letter that you are safe at The Bridge

This was written with help from Xan====Thank you Xan

It is better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all

Missing my Big Blue eyed Bear

The beautiful Queen Softee was quite a girl. I am so glad I was able to share in part of her life.

Her royal subjects will miss her forever, and every now and then, ask for her help.

She reigns now in the heavens :beatheart:beatheart

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

I am sure she is reigning supreme at The Bridge as she did in life. Beautiful tribute.

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

How beautiful!

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

Guest Pipi5

Beryl that was so eloquent & I know Softee loved it. She was so sweet. I know you & David miss her so much. But she's okay now...:beatheart

I am sorry about the loss of your Queen.

From Wisconsin -- It's Nancy, Bob, Carla, June Bug and our newby Skorch.... along with Buffy. She's the little hound that meows.

With loving memorials to K.C., Barko and Major Turn -- all playing at the bridge.

That's beautiful.

:sad1:grouphug :grouphug :grouphug

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

post-14200-1242310911.gif

This is her picture on COG and I still remember so much more about her. The only time she ever rooed which was in her sleep and woke us all up. How she used to stand in the doorway of the kitchen when you were working there to beg for food. How she used to beg off of us when we were eating. Sometime she would lay on her bed with those sorrowful eyes saying feed me too. I want what you are eating.

I so miss my Queen who had been in my life almost 11 years.

post-14200-1242313518.jpg

Here is a picture of Softee with Shadow, our first greyhound. We adopted Softee so Shadow would not be an only child.
This picture was taken about a year after we got her