Yopon Alan Wag

Guest ss556

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Susan, I'm so sorry you lost your precious Alan, especially so suddenly. That adds an extra layer to your grief, which would be devastating enough. But with the suddenness, there is also shock and anger as well as the deep sadness, and gaping hole in your heart and home.

Your love for Alan shines through in every word of your beautiful tribute. And reading over the 4 pages of this thread, it's clear that that love was shared, even by those of us who had never met him in canine. Certainly, he was one of the most stunningly beautiful Greys I've ever seen (having a soft spot for gorgeous fawns with melting brown eyes). And since he was just as beautiful inside as he was outside, it's easy to see why he was so special, and why you loved him so much.

Sharing your sadness, keeping you in my prayers, and sending lots of white light for strength during this very difficult time.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

Guest greytmonty

Susan, I am so so sorry for your loss. I have not been on GT much in a long time and just feel so shocked. Alan was such a special boy, and you gave him such a loving and wonderful home. You have been a great friend to so many folks here on GT going through their own grief. I am sending you lots of hugs.

Godspeed sweet boy.

Melanie and Eric with Leminim and Eieio and silly kitty Elsa.
See you again someday, my sweet Payton (Flying Payton May 9, 2000-March 18, 2012)
Missing my sweet JJ, world's sweetest cat (April 1997-November 30, 2015)

Stealing food in heaven, my darling Minnie (2006-April 21, 2016)
Reunited with her favorite person in heaven, my Dad, Satin the skittish kitty (2002-May 7, 2016)

:weep :weep :weep

I am so terribly sorry, Susan. I wish I could do something, anything. My heart is breaking for you. :brokenheart :brokenheart :brokenheart

We're here for you. :grouphugsadhugsmiley.gifsadhugsmiley.gifsadhugsmiley.gifsadhugsmiley.gif:grouphug

Run free, Alan. :gh_run2 You will be greatly missed sweetie. :cry1

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

I'm so sorry for your loss. Alan had such a beautiful soft face - I'm sure it matches his soul. Godspeed Alan! f_yellow

gallery_7491_3326_2049.jpg

Deirdre with Conor (Daring Pocobueno), Keeva (Kiowa Mimi Mona), & kittehs Gemma & robthomas.

Our beloved angels Faolin & Liath, & kittehs Mona & Caesar. Remembering Bobby, Doc McCoy, & Chip McGrath.

"He feeds you, pets you, adores you, collects your poop in a bag. There's only one explanation: you are a hairy little god." Nick Galifinakis

Guest Winterwish

Sending my deepest condolences to you Susan and to your family. Alan is with you always,the bond of love you share with your sweet boy is forever Susan. :grouphug

Fly free beautiful Alan ~ :candle:f_pink :f_pink :f_pink:candle

Guest vahoundlover

I am so sorry :grouphug I've come back twice hoping this is all a bad nightmare, As I'm sure you are feeling too. :cry1 I hope the memories you created with Alan will help heal your broken heart.

Godspeed Alan, you are loved so much :f_red

Beautiful tribute. Beautiful Alan. Your dedication to Alan oozed off the screen and he loved you for it. You were the best Mom. I hope that those memories that he created with family and friends will help heal the edges of that hole in your heart. Think of him, love him, talk about him and your memories of him will curl up and fill in that hole in your heart. Send your Mom a sign, Alan. She loved you best.

I am so very, very sorry for your loss. Too soon. Too young. I hate cancer.

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

A beautiful tribute to Alan (sniff, tears). What can I say other than how sorry I am that he was taken from you so suddenly. Its true, there is never enough time with our pups.

Mom to Toley (Astascocita Toley) DOB 1/12/09, and Bridge Angel Opie (Wine Sips Away) 3/14/03-12/29/12

What a lovely tribute to Alan

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

I'm so sad to see Alan's name here :cry1 He was such an inspiration, and I have always been so impressed with how much you did for him through his illnesses. You were so lucky to have each other. :grouphug

f_yellow:brokenheartDevonSympathy.jpg:brokenheartf_yellow

gallery_11362_3294_17365.png
"Hurricane Sandi" (Baurna to Run).

Forever missing my "Angel-With-A Crooked-Halo" Hailey, and "Mokkah" (Xpress Point) with all my heart.

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." ~~Will Rogers