Soldi Has A Corn That Comes Back...

Well, on sweet Soldi's pad a nasty corn arose. I hulled it, but within a few weeks it just came back.

Today I hulled it again...what can I put on the little clean hole to kill the virus that causes the corn?

I read an old post of Chris (Dogfather) that he puts some bleqach on the hole? But he talked about a seed wart.

Is there any difference between a seed wart and a corn?

Is there anything natural to kill the virus?

--------------------------------------------

user posted imageuser posted image

Marion, Ivy & Soldi

Perseverance is not a long race...

it is many short races one after another.

Guest MnMDogs

Nothing keeps Mork's away - I have started so many threads on them and what I've done: surgery (BAD), dremeling, bag balm, hulling, hulling with laser, abreva after hulling lysine supplements...

In fact, not only do they not go away, but he keeps getting more :(

I know there are other people on here who have had successes, who may have more optimistic advice for you.

In the mean time, TheraPaws are a saving grace for us. They generally allow us to take long walks (until recently when one got really bad). Also, I know that when I was living in Massachusetts, he could walk much easier on the sand at the beach.

Good luck, these things really are horrible.

ETA - from what I could tell, the seed wart looks very different from the corns that Mork gets. But you may have luck with abreva on the hole after hulling. Like I said, Mork's always return no matter what.

Edited by MnMDogs

Guest PhillyPups

I had success with duct tape. I put the duct tape on the paper that Avery Labels come on, as I needed one, I hole punched it out, peeled the backing off and put the tape on the corn. Worked with The Queen, but I have not had another hound come to me with corns.

Oh Marion, so good to see you here, I have missed you as have many on the board. How about a picture of your beautiful hounds??

:bighug to you

Nothing will kill the virus, unfortunately, but Abreva *may* help. It's a cold sore medicine. I'm not sure if it's sold in Spain, but if you look for medicines that are specifically for cold sores, you may find something comparable. The active ingredient in it is Docosanol (10%), so maybe you can find another product that contains it.

Good luck!

Meredith with Heyokha (HUS Me Teddy) and Crow (Mike Milbury). Missing Turbo (Sendahl Boss), Pancho, JoJo, and "Fat Stacks" Juana, the psycho kitty. Canku wakan kin manipi.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire

I've only dealt with one corn, but I used tea tree oil and vitamin E oil - one drop of each directly onto the corn every day. It took about 6 weeks for the corn to disappear completely but it never returned. You need to be very careful, though, as tea tree can be toxic if ingested.

Info about corns

SunnySophiePegsdon.jpg

When a relationship of love is disrupted, the relationship does not cease. The love continues; therefore, the relationship continues. The work of grief is to reconcile and redeem life to a different love relationship. ~ W Scott Lineberry

Always Greyhounds Home Boarding and Greyhounds With Love House Sitting

I've had realy good success filling the holes with Bag Balm - I have gotten rid of multiple corns that way on Doc --- Hulled them out and used Bag Balm until the holes sealed. They never grew back. :clap

gus-rainy-1.jpg?1449508527184&1449508632
CORY and CRICKET - Solitary Tremble & CASPER - Pj's Mia Farrow
* With CAPT. GUS - Solitary Trigger, RAINY - Peach Rain, PUP - Red Zepher, DOC - CTW Fort Sumpter
and MAX - Shiowa's Silver Maxamillion / Afghan .... all waiting at the bridge

Marion, if Abreva is NOT sold in Spain, pm me and I will send you some over.

:bighug to you and your hounds

You are so sweet Pat...thanks for your offer to send me Abreva but I might first try the tea tree oil option.

It's nice to see that I'm not forgotten here on GT...

I thank you all for your useful replies...we'll see if the stupid corn comes back. Duct tape worked for me when Soldi had a corn several years ago which did NOT come back.

This time I hulled this new corn, it came back and I hulled it again, we'll see...

At the moment I've put Bag Balm on it...

Thanks to you all,

greetings,

Marion

Marion, Ivy & Soldi

Guest arlosmom

Arlo had a corn, I asked my vet about hulling and he said it would just come back. So they acutally cut the pad and dug it out. He did undergo sedation, but did fine. It did take a long time to heal and once the vet had to dig out a stitch that would not dissolve but the corn had NEVER RETURNED. It has been about 3 years.

Zema's was hulled every 3 weeks for a year? Then vet hulled it one more time and ran over the hulled surface just very lightly with his surgical laser. It didn't come back for NINE MONTHS. It was tiny then. We hulled it once or twice more and it hasn't come back since (over a year).

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

I have no ideas for you on the corns as we're battling the same problem with little results so far, but I did want to say how nice it is to see you back on GT.

Kathy

blackgreys5.jpg

, Phoenix, Okie, Casey, and Ellie the Galga; with Aggie, Alexa, Bear,Cody, Gianni V., Missy B, Babette, Bernice, and BooBoo at the Bridge

Guest dragongreys

I use duct tape & Abreva and the corn gets smaller and smaller but keeps coming back. I believe the Abreva is useless and the duct tape is really whats working.

I may have to get some tea tree oil and try that. Initially tried surgery and vet removed corn with a biopsy punch but the corn just came back.

Paws crossed that others have better success.

There is a new yahoo group called CornHound that you may want to check out. Many of us are using 70% bee propolis, some with very good results. It seems like certain things work for some corns & other things for others. I'm just starting on this journey with my Conor so I hope I can find something that helps him. :goodluck

gallery_7491_3326_2049.jpg

Deirdre with Conor (Daring Pocobueno), Keeva (Kiowa Mimi Mona), & kittehs Gemma & robthomas.

Our beloved angels Faolin & Liath, & kittehs Mona & Caesar. Remembering Bobby, Doc McCoy, & Chip McGrath.

"He feeds you, pets you, adores you, collects your poop in a bag. There's only one explanation: you are a hairy little god." Nick Galifinakis

Thanks for all your useful replies again!

Nancy and Kathy...thanks for your nice words! I'll try to check in a bit more often. Some of us have been members

here for a really long time already...it's nice to see that.

Greetings,

Marion

Marion, Ivy & Soldi

Guest longdogs

Corns are related to pressure and warts are caused by a virus. Corns are very difficult to get rid of because there is no infection to cure and the reasons for them happening are not always obvious.

I know what you are going through...both of my greys are battling corns. Garry has two on one pad..( one very deep) hulled a couple of weeks ago. I have been using abreva and kerasolv..but they are coming back!

Missy had one large wide one on her rear left foot. She also has LS..and was doing well with that. Favoring her foot due to the corn has thrown her back out :angry: . Her corn was hulled last week; but she is a beast with letting me touch her feet..so I can't get anything on the open corn..She is getting acupuncture more frequently for her back;hopefully that will help..They both will be hulled again.

I plan on checking out that site....this is very frustrating!