Canyon Is Not Doing Too Well :-(

Guest Annie

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest trevdog

Hang in there! I'm sure he's just stressed cause he's not at home where he should be.....I always think they heal much quicker at home.

Come on, Canyon, get better!! Your mom needs you!

I hope he'll do better once he sees you...and I KNOW he'll do better once he gets HOME!

Phoebe (Belle's Sweetpea) adopted 9/2/13.

Jack (BTR Captain Jack) 9/28/05--11/2/12
Always missing Buddy, Ruby, and Rascal.

Sending more prayers and healing light to your sweetie. Hope he can come home soon. :hope:heart

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

I know he's going to do better. I hope he's on his way home with you if that's the best place for him.

gallery_7628_2929_17259.jpg

Susan, Jessie and Jordy NORTHERN SKY GREYHOUND ADOPTION ASSOCIATION

Jack, in my heart forever March 1999-Nov 21, 2008 My Dancing Queen Jilly with me always and forever Aug 12, 2003-Oct 15, 2010

Joshy I will love you always Aug 1, 2004-Feb 22,2013 Jonah my sweetheart May 2000 - Jan 2015

" You will never need to be alone again. I promise this. As your dog, I will sing this promise to you, and whisper it to you at night, every night, with my breath." Stanley Coren

Canyon will do better when at home, but remember he just had major surgery so he may not want to eat. We went through that 2x with Beau. Once for major ortho leg surgery and most recently for his open abdominal exploratory surgery. he did not eat for 3 days. They said that was normal.

I hope for both your sakes he eats for you. I know how scary it is when they don't eat. Just remember, he will feed off your fears.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Has he been issued his "get out of jail free" card yet? He's going to feel sssooo much better once he sees you!

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

Guest Annie

I'm home for a short time before going back to pick up Canyon. I was able to stay with him for 3 1/2 hours and he did MUCH BETTER after I arrived. I actually got him to eat (quite a bit :colgate ), go out to relieve himself and then he lay down and snuggled up close to me. I might be worried, but I practice CALM, SERENE self talk and it works. ;)

It is very hard to tell how he was doing because he was so drugged up. I'll have a better feel when he's home. I'll be sleeping in the livingroom with him to make sure he doesn't hurt himself during the night. I pray the surgery worked!!!

That's great!!! He ate!! I really do believe that he will do so much better at home with you. And his emotional attitude will be so much better and it will help in the healing process.

I am so glad he's coming home. This is one boy I would love to meet one day, he's really something

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

Guest Vinnie

That's good news - he ate, he went potty, he's coming home! Things will be a bit crazy for awhile, but you'll settle into a routine and once he starts doing some therapy with you under the instructions of the doc - he will do much better. The hardest part is reminding him that he cannot run, jump and play. Sending hugs and scritches.

So far so good!

gallery_7628_2929_17259.jpg

Susan, Jessie and Jordy NORTHERN SKY GREYHOUND ADOPTION ASSOCIATION

Jack, in my heart forever March 1999-Nov 21, 2008 My Dancing Queen Jilly with me always and forever Aug 12, 2003-Oct 15, 2010

Joshy I will love you always Aug 1, 2004-Feb 22,2013 Jonah my sweetheart May 2000 - Jan 2015

" You will never need to be alone again. I promise this. As your dog, I will sing this promise to you, and whisper it to you at night, every night, with my breath." Stanley Coren

Guest houndlover

That is wonderful news! I am so glad that you will be able to bring him home. I am sure that he will do better and will be more comfortable at home. Still sending lots of good thoughts your way.