Osu Greyhound Wellness Program

I read this email in the Yahoo group "Greyt vets". It was not made by anyone affiliated by OSU:

Hello fellow Veterinarians, Veterinary Technicians and Greyhound Adoption Volunteers,

I am emailing the group as an appeal to keep the OSU Greyhound Health & Wellness Program alive and thriving. Rumor has it that the money in the program is at an all time low. This is not surprising due to the state of our economy and budget cuts across the board for all Universities in the country.

I personally could not imagine greyhound practice w/out the use of this program and the assistance I receive from Dr Couto and his staff at OSU. As I searched the OSU Greyhound Health & Wellness site I found out just how easy it was to make a donation to this valuable program. All I had to do was click on the site below, fill in the info and the donation comes right from my credit card.

Please join me in keeping this program alive.

https://www.giveto.osu.edu/igive/OnlineGivi...amp;Fund=310050

Bill

Lady

Bella and Sky at the bridge

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." -Anabele France

FeemanSiggy1.jpg

I try and make donations several times a year one way or another.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Guest KennelMom

Is this the same as what Hope for Hounds raises money for or are the funds different? OSU was fantastic in responding when our girl Harmony was so ill. I will make a donation directly to the program today, but for future donations I'd like to know how H4H and OSU H&W are related...in other words...do donations to H4H help the Health & Wellness program?

Guest caiteag
Is this the same as what Hope for Hounds raises money for or are the funds different? OSU was fantastic in responding when our girl Harmony was so ill. I will make a donation directly to the program today, but for future donations I'd like to know how H4H and OSU H&W are related...in other words...do donations to H4H help the Health & Wellness program?

Yes. H4H donations go directly to this program. You can see the H4H page here: Hope For Hounds. The H4H page refers to the program as the Health and Welfare program, but it is actually the Health and Wellness program.

Please visit the events forum (I am such an opportunist :blush ....but it's all in a good cause) and see Darcy's invitation to all who can get to the UK (or who are *in* the UK!!) on Sunday 5th April. All funds raised from this event are going to OSU. Darcy is happy to accept donations from those who cannot attend :D

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

I'm gonna go make a donation at the site... for Darcy, Polli, Seamus, Ember, and on and on...

Jeannine with Merlin, the crazed tabby cat and his sister, Jasmine, the brat-cat

With GTsiggieFromJenn.jpgAngel Cody(Roving Gemini), and Weenie the tortie waiting at the Bridge

I'm gonna go make a donation at the site... for Darcy, Polli, Seamus, Ember, and on and on...

Thank you from Darcy (et al) :D

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

Thanks for posting this, Dr. Bill.

When we had our Meet and Mingle auction at Dewey last year, we donated all the proceeds to Dr. Couto. And The Greyhound Project matched the donation, so it was doubled! If there are any groups out there who want to get as much bang for their buck as possible, I'd check with The Greyhound Project to see if they are still doing matching funds. They may not be, but if they are, that's great!

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

There are a lot of good causes out there, but this one is so close to so many of us. Ekko is donating her allowance and she would like to do it in honor of Miss Bonnie Twist, and Misty's allowance in honor of our friend Jack, Jilly and Josh's brother, and Wayne's allowance is for all of the others we have lost and those still fighting

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

I'll crosspost this on our adopter's list serve and Running Hounds.

Meredith with Heyokha (HUS Me Teddy) and Crow (Mike Milbury). Missing Turbo (Sendahl Boss), Pancho, JoJo, and "Fat Stacks" Juana, the psycho kitty. Canku wakan kin manipi.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire

i met dr. couto last saturday night in solvang and came away so impressed. i really bothered me when he mentioned the lack of funds that his program is experiencing.

Steve, owner/photographer Crackerdog Photography, writer of ShutterHounds. Follow me on Instagram.
Alex (Sanja Black Eyes [1989-2003] - Sanja Superfrank x TH's Fandango), Nikki (Ein's Ardonis [1995-2008] - Farmer Wilson x Legs Polly),
Sadie (Carla Tar [2002-2014] - Coldwater Guv x Canatar), Katie (Leading Home [2003-2013] - Iruska Excalibur x Impress Me Much),

Bean ([2013-] - DJays Octane x O Ya Cranberry), and Billy Bob (O Ya Billy Bob [2011-2020] Dodgem By Design x O Ya Cranberry)
gallery_14296_2881_11695.jpg

Guest VaGreymom

I am a huge fan and supporter of Dr. C. Our group had 3 fundraising events last year just for OSU and the Greyhound Wellness Program. When he comes to speak in Fredericksburg in April we will be presenting him with a very nice check.

There are a lot of good causes out there, but this one is so close to so many of us. Ekko is donating her allowance and she would like to do it in honor of Miss Bonnie Twist, and Misty's allowance in honor of our friend Jack, Jilly and Josh's brother, and Wayne's allowance is for all of the others we have lost and those still fighting

:kiss2

Us too.

Jilly and Josh

gallery_7628_2929_17259.jpg

Susan, Jessie and Jordy NORTHERN SKY GREYHOUND ADOPTION ASSOCIATION

Jack, in my heart forever March 1999-Nov 21, 2008 My Dancing Queen Jilly with me always and forever Aug 12, 2003-Oct 15, 2010

Joshy I will love you always Aug 1, 2004-Feb 22,2013 Jonah my sweetheart May 2000 - Jan 2015

" You will never need to be alone again. I promise this. As your dog, I will sing this promise to you, and whisper it to you at night, every night, with my breath." Stanley Coren

All piggy banks have been raided, funds counted and donation made in honor of all hounds fighting the fight. There are angels that walk among us and one is Dr. C.

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

Yes it is Heather, but our funds cover the oncology side of things. This allows Dr Couto's team to provide treatment to greyhounds with cancer, as well as consult with vets accross North America about their cancer patients. They also provide free chemo to retired racing greyhounds.

One of the things I am doing this year is using Hope for Hounds as a platform to raise money and awareness not only about the cancer research, but everything OSU does for us greyhound owners.

I am speaking at Sandy Paws about the Greyhound Health and Wellness Program and Hope for Hounds. I just got some data from Dr Couto yesterday and Dr Marin is sending me pictures.

I'm hoping this is something I can get invited to do at other greyhound events. This program is so important, and we are very lucky to have it. I'd hate to see it compromised by lack of funding.

One of the goals of Hope for Hounds has been to give greyhound owners a presence. By donating to Hope for Hounds, all the $5.00, $15.00 and $30.00 donations add up to become one BIG cheque. Often when Dr Couto says he can get money for a project the Dean will say okay but how? Dr Couto tells him you don't know greyhound owners! Since HfH started making regular donations, we prove him right with every cheque. The last few have been sizeable too. :D Together we make a big difference.

Edited by foxysmom

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.

Can I specify that I'd like the results of Darcy's fund raising effort to go towards the oncology side?

Can I specify that I'd like the results of Darcy's fund raising effort to go towards the oncology side?

Yes you can.

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.

:gh_run2 If anyone feeds their dogs or cats Purina pet food and would like to help out the Greyhound Health and Wellness Program please PM me.

I has used their services and unfortunately will probably use them again.

Vallerysiggy.jpg

Then God sent the Greyhound to live among man and remember. And when the Day comes,

God will call the Greyhound to give Testament, and God will pass judgment on man.

(Persian Proverb)

Guest KRKWMU

:kiss2

Us too.

Jilly and Josh

Us three! :blush I wanted to respond earlier this afternoon, but I got emotional at work thinking about everything Dr. Couto, Dr. Marin, and the whole OSU team has done for us. Bonnie got AMAZING care between our local vets and OSU. It certainly took a load off knowing that the chemo medications were going to be sent at no charge. We will be making a donation again in honor of Bonnie.

BTW, you can submit memorial donations. OSU set one up for Bonnie. :blush Here's her page- Bonnie's Memorial

And here's where you go to submit the memorial- Memorial Donation Form :angelwings

Guest FullMetalFrank

I just donated, that was easy. Thank you, Dr. Feeman for bringing this up. I have never had to rely on the OSU team (thank God and knock on wood) but for everyone here who has, and for my own peace of mind, I can't imagine what things would be like without them!

Guest manymanyhounds

OSU has been and will continue to be a recipient of Sandy Paws grants as well.

Dr Couto's dedication to the greyhound is amazing. We're lucky to have him on our side.

Guest jeannejj

I will be sure to make a donation on behalf of my Mack. My vet Dr. Barnett got her veterinary degree at OSU, and knows Dr Couto. She is one of the kindest and most compassionate vets I know. I feel very lucky to have her, and appreciate all that Dr. Couto does for greys. Thanks, Dr. Feeman.

Edited by jeannejj