Please Pray For Polli

I found that chiropractic did nothing useful for my Chancy's LS. But acupuncture was very helpful. :goodluck

gallery_4518_2903_2157.jpg
~Aimee, with Flower, Alan, Queenie, & Spodee Odee! And forever in my heart: Tipper, Sissy, Chancy, Marla, Dazzle, Alimony, and Boo. This list is too damned long.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Polli, please get better. Please, please, please, please, please feel better. :cry1

Sending all my love. Robin :grouphug :grouphug

:goodluck :goodluck :goodluck :goodluck :goodluck

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

Guest jettcricket

I know how stressful and worrisome it can be when our kids are not feeling well. Please know that you, your babies and your DH are in my thoughts and prayers.

Make sure you take good care of yourself....hugs to you and your family. :grouphug

OH Robin...sending my many prayers that this is just a bump in the road. Hug sweet Polli for me. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Take this with a grain of salt, because I'm just learning about hind end weakness myself, but when Takoda went down back in Dec, and got a shot of steroid to the spine, it took about 24 before he started to move around without prompting. His problem isn't LS - that's been ruled out - but just wanted to offer my experience with the shot.

Continuing to send healing thoughts Polli's way, and hugs to you and DH as you endure this.

Kate, with Nedra and Holly
Missing Greyhound Angels Mango, Takoda, Ruger, Delta, and Shiloh, kitty Angel Hoot, cat-tester extraordinaire, and Rocky, the stray cat who came to stay for a little while and then moved on.
Greyhounds Unlimited

Guest Greyt_dog_lover

I dont have any experience in this area, but I do have a question. I have seen news spots in the past where they show dogs that have lost the use of their rear legs, and the owners get a contraption that has wheels and the dog's rear end is strapped in. Has anyone ever used this? I would think this would give your little one mobility again, maybe? Just an idea, I know you must be feeling absolutely horrible, best wishes.

Chad

Take this with a grain of salt, because I'm just learning about hind end weakness myself, but when Takoda went down back in Dec, and got a shot of steroid to the spine, it took about 24 before he started to move around without prompting. His problem isn't LS - that's been ruled out - but just wanted to offer my experience with the shot.

Continuing to send healing thoughts Polli's way, and hugs to you and DH as you endure this.

Vet said even though it's fast acting, it does take 8 -12 hours to take effect. It's been 24 hours. She is not really able to get up by herself, but once outside and stable can naviagate around a bit.

She is eating cookies by the handful and resting comfortably.

Someone said, she knews what she needs. She is doing what she needs now. Resting.

We will continue to pray and just let her be. Hoping to get good results from the acupunture. I know sometimes it can get worse before it gets better and that's a bit scary.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

No suggestions but this development is heart wrenching. :( Holding Miss Polli in my prayers and surrounded with healing light for her highest good. :hope:heart

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

Guest greydogluvr

I am so, so sorry. This is just a little set back :hope . She is a strong girl and with the love she has I know she will pull through. Prayers and more prayers coming your way. :bighug

Guest myjazzy

Oh Robin, I'm so sorry for Polli. I would think that accupuncture would probably help, but I don't really have a lot of experience with LS. I suspected that Jazzy had LS, but I never got a diagnosis, because I lost her to OS before it became an issue.

Good thoughts and white light for Miss Polli. :grouphug

Edited by myjazzy

If this started because she ran a long distance and has been on hard surfaces I would definitely give her a long rest with some pain pills. Asia on 3 legs is doing fine but taking all that weight and strain on her front leg could cause some inflammation/strain somewhere. Do you know where this pain is, Is it in her hind end or her back? I wince when Asia hops on hard floors and runs hard. I do not push her and she will go out when she wants and for as long as she wants. I notice that if she can lie down she will instead of standing (but she did that when she had 4 legs) I notice she does not want to stand for long on hard floors, why can't greyhounds with one front leg sit? Doesn't that make sense? What I am saying is although it is nice that they get along on 3 legs maybe its best not to push the activity or let them. I do more walks with Nova and Cosmo and leave Asia home, and she seems to prefer this. I also give her glucosamine and chondrotin.

I hope Polli gets well with rest. Thinking of you both.

Edited by Madeara
"To err is human, to forgive, canine" Audrey, Nova, Cosmo and Holden in NY - Darius and Asia you are both irreplaceable and will be forever in my heart beatinghearts.gif

If this started because she ran a long distance and has been on hard surfaces I would definitely give her a long rest with some pain pills. Asia on 3 legs is doing fine but taking all that weight and strain on her front leg could cause some inflammation/strain somewhere. Do you know where this pain is, I don't think I read that. Is it her back, shoulder? I wince when Asia hops on hard floors and runs hard. I do not push her and she will go out when she wants and for as long as she wants. I notice that if she can lie down she will instead of standing (but she did that when she had 4 legs) I notice she does not want to stand for long on hard floors, why can't greyhounds with one front leg sit? Doesn't that make sense? What I am saying is although it is nice that they get along on 3 legs maybe its best not to push the activity or let them. I do more walks with Nova and Cosmo and leave Asia home, and she seems to prefer this. I also give her glucosamine and chondrotin.

I hope Polli gets well with rest. Thinking of you both.

No, we don't walk her on any hard surfaces. The only time we walk her is on grass and that is once a month.

She did run- on grass and soft dirt (softball field) 2 weeks ago.

She has been on deramaxx pretty much since the run and tramadol as needed. She was doing greyt the tail end of the week and then all of a sudden Friday night, it went south, quickly.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Robin, she has to get better, she just has to :sad1

When Sugar had her back end problems (not LS), one really bad time she couldn't even stand without falling over. My vet gave her a steroid shot and said, if this doesn't work... she really didn't have to finish that sentence :(

It took about 48 hrs for her to become mobile enough to get around without falling, and she had her second acupuncture treatment a few days later. We never looked back! She continued to improve, with a few minor setbacks, but she never got that bad (or even close) again.

:candle for the same miracle for Polli!

Robin -- I hope the Depo works -- it really helped Rex. Just to clarify, the D-M shot does not go in the spine or anywhere it would hit the spine...it goes on either side, exactly where the thumbs go to do the test. A shot in the spine sounds scary and that is not what it is. :grouphug.

Edited by Hubcitypam
gallery_8149_3261_283.jpg

:goodluck

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)