Caesar's In Pain

Guest tennesseegrey

Guest tennesseegrey

I learned about a month ago that Caesar's OS spread to his lungs. Caesar is my second hound to have OS. Rosie was my first. Her OS never moved to her lungs, but insted in her spine between her shoulder blades. Her vet discovered the discomfort in her spine, but just thought she needed accupuncture from a year of walking on 3 legs. Her walking slowed down. She had her good days and her bad days until about a couple of weeks later, she couldn't stand on her 3 legs. Her paws knuckled under and I had to say goodbye. That was August 08. Caesar was diagnosed with the same cruel disease a week later.

I took Caesar to the vet today because he seemed to have some allergies in his eyes and was up most of the night panting and pacing. He did not eat breakfast. I gave him Tramadol, but he still didn't eat. He rested though. The vet felt of his spine just like she did Rosie and found a sensitive spot in his spine also. I have a feeling the cancer has spread to his spine in addition to his lungs. I gave him Tramadol this evening and he seems a little more relaxed, but I fear the end is upon me. It just breaks my heart to think about loosing my second grey so quickly.

Please pray that I'm able to keep his pain at bay and keep him with me a bit longer. I'm adopting another greyhound tomorrow and I would love for the two to enjoy time together before Caesar leaves us. He's such a precious boy and I'm not ready to give him up.

I am so sorry. Sending my prayers and the most gentle hugs. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Guest McGreyt
I'm adopting another greyhound tomorrow and I would love for the two to enjoy time together before Caesar leaves us. He's such a precious boy and I'm not ready to give him up.

Just wondering if bringing in a new hound while Caesar is dying will bring him comfort or bring him stress. Prayers for you all.

I am so sorry -- I can't imagine living through two back to back diagnoses. But I agree that if the end might be so close, it doesn't seem so fair to Caesar to change his world and take a significant portion of your attention off him....

With Cocoa (DC Chocolatedrop), missing B for Beth (2006-2015)
And kitties C.J., Klara, Bernadette, John-Boy, & Sinbad

Guest BEANORACENOMO

I know how hard it is to lose Two beloved dogs with in a year. I know the pain you are feeling. Please, let him go free over the bridge when you feel the time is right. I will keep Caesar in my thoughts and pray there is a remission, so you can spend more time with him. Joe & Greyhound Bea

Guest PiagetsMom

When my son's lab mix (Lucy) found us, a stray who camped out front of our house and would have been taken to the pound courtesy of a neighbor, I was struggling with my girl, Cookie. She was 14, senile and her health had been declining. We took Lucy in, and while I don't regret doing that, it was very obvious that it put a lot of stress and strain on my ailing girl. I had to euthanize her not long afterwards, and while I realized that the decision had been looming near, I've always felt badly that I changed her life so much during her final months.

I'm sorry :grouphug ......I know how difficult it is to be facing the decision that you're facing with Caesar, especially as this is your 2nd heartbreak in a very short time. Unfortunately, very rarely are we ready, but for the pups we love, I'm a firm believer of "better a day too early than a day too late".

Edited by PiagetsMom

I'm so sorry you're dealing with the monster again, so soon after losing Rosie. It's just heartbreaking. I hope that Caesar will have many more pain free days, and that you will be able to spoil him and make some beautiful memories.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

Very sorry that your precious boy is not feeling better. Sending more prayers, light and good thoughts his way for his highest good. :hope:heart

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

Sending gentle hugs to you and your boy.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.