Keep Sebau In Your Prayers Please

ok.. I'm getting things all screwed up..... :blush

Thinking of one thing, worrying about another while doing something else and well...

Please keep the ol' gal, Sebau, in your thoughts. The past few months she's really been slowing down. :( I know, she's 14, and has really done great until now. I just hate seeing her get old. She's not seeing very well at all anymore, and her hearing isn't the best either.

Yesterday she refused to eat breakfast, which is NOT her. She's a pig. I usually have to watch her to make sure she doesn't boss the boys out of their food bowls. She did eat today, though not with her usual gusto. She's just "off" and starting to look so old now. :( We have an appointment at the vet Thursday just to check things out.

Why do they have to get old so quickly? :( Where did the time go? It doesn't seem like it was all that long ago that she was just a pup.

Edited by lothianjavert

In vino veritas
Rachael with Rook, missing Sully, Sebau, and Diesel

lucky you. ;)

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

I hate it. I know there's nothing I can do, I can't turn back the clock. I've added night lights all over the house so that there's light all the time, and I keep the back porch light on, as well as the outside greenhouse lights so that she has light outside as she often goes out a couple times at night. She seems to have the most trouble seeing when it's dark. Carpets have been put down on slick spots for extra traction, and no furniture gets moved (she knows the layout). Sometimes she seems confused, and I'm not sure if it's that she just doesn't have full use of her eyes/ears anymore, or if she's getting a bit senile. Other times she seems pretty sharp, though I can tell she really can't hear unless it's extremely loud.

Up until about a month ago she could still do a pretty long walk, but it's just too much for her now. I hate leaving her behind when I take the boys for a long walk, but she just can't do it, and at 55+ lbs, I can't carry her for long. I make sure she gets a short one (with the boys along) because she loves it, but she hates that the boys go without her for part of it.

I've noticed her body changing, and it's not just the gray hairs, it's the way she moves, her posture, her rear has lost muscle and is weakening and wobbly. She seems tired now, though she still seems happy and enjoys treats, pets, and her short walkies. The boys seem to know and Diesel especially sticks close to her.

I know I'm lucky to have been able to share fourteen years with her, and for her to be so healthy and active all that time. I just hate aging and the indignities that come along with it. I know we all deal with it and go through it with our pups and I'll be there in a few years with the boys and I've been through it before with other pets, but it's still not any easier.

In vino veritas
Rachael with Rook, missing Sully, Sebau, and Diesel

Guest Tenderhearts

You will definitely have my prayers and best wishes going out from here. I am going through the same thing with Raven, who is just two months shy of 16 now. :hope:candle:hope:candle:hope

come Sebau, stop worring your momma and eat like a good girl. I can relate Rachel, Lily will turn 11 at the end of this month and can't believe it. She has certainly slowed down and I find myself wondering how she is really feeling. I am grateful that she is in good health, it's just hard to see them age.

Sending hugs and prayers for you spunky pup.

Praying for all the missing greys!

Guest Winterwish

Sebau is in my thoughts and prayers. :grouphug I love that cute Sebau of yours. Whenever her picture is posted,I always feel like I can actually just reach out and pet her myself. She is such a honeybun! :kiss2:wub::hope

Sometimes I think you just get up one day and realize that they have changed so much. The problem with pets is that they don't live as long as we would like them to. Good thoughts for your sweet Sebau.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

Time sneaks away when we aren't watching then suddenly jumps out at you like a thief to steal the senses. It is absolutely heartbreaking to see our hounds become elderly. Even moreso because we know that their life with us is coming to a close. How wonderful that she has been so well loved and cared for within the folds of your family for her whole life. She is truly a blessed hound. Prayers for continued love and quality for your precious girl.

L.

large.rycezmom_Sig.jpg.c7b7915d082b1bb35
The more I see of man, the more I like dogs. ~Mme. de Staël
Missing my Bridge Angels Ryce, Bo, Jim, Miss Millie, Miss Rose, Gustopher P Jones (Pimpmaster G), Miss Isabella and Miss Star

Come on Sebau, feel better soon!

Melanie and Eric with Leminim and Eieio and silly kitty Elsa.
See you again someday, my sweet Payton (Flying Payton May 9, 2000-March 18, 2012)
Missing my sweet JJ, world's sweetest cat (April 1997-November 30, 2015)

Stealing food in heaven, my darling Minnie (2006-April 21, 2016)
Reunited with her favorite person in heaven, my Dad, Satin the skittish kitty (2002-May 7, 2016)

Just seeing this, Rachael. Thinking good thoughts for you and Sebau. Think it may be her Lyme flaring up?

Meredith with Heyokha (HUS Me Teddy) and Crow (Mike Milbury). Missing Turbo (Sendahl Boss), Pancho, JoJo, and "Fat Stacks" Juana, the psycho kitty. Canku wakan kin manipi.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire

It is definitely not fair that our pups can't be with us for as long as we want them to. I keep thinking that God really dropped the ball on the "eternal dog" plan. Then I remember that there are all those other pups out there to invite into our lives. There is a special beauty to the older ones.