Prayers For Specky Please.

cello

Update:

Vet feels that this is a month old broken toe that the cold weather has made worse. Five days on rimadel then she will x-ray if no improvement. Let's hope that this is all it is.

Thank you for the prayers and good thoughts.

Carol Ann

ode][/code]If you could spare a prayer for Specky today it would be much appreciated. She suddenly started limping and holding up her right front paw, and occasionally yelping when walking on it. I am taking her in to see the vet this afternoon at 5:20pm. I know that I am a worry wart, but when it comes to Greyhounds and limping ..... well, you all know.

Thanks,

Carol Ann and Specky

P.S. Specky will be six years old on April 1st.

I posted photos in post number 18 of her front feet. It looks like her right inside toe is crooked?

DSC03934.jpg

Edited by cello

gallery_9381_2904_4242.jpg

Molly Weasley Carpenter-Caro - 6 Year Old Standard Poodle.

Gizzy, Specky, Riley Roo & Lady - Our beloved Greyhounds waiting at the Rainbow Bridge.

Prayers that it's nothing serious. :hope:getwell

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

It looks to my untrained eye like Specky might have hurt her right inside toe. It looks crooked and off to one side. Or maybe I am just trying to come up with a solution.

(Bandage on left foot is for a small boo boo that she kept licking)

DSC07538.jpg

DSC07544.jpg

gallery_9381_2904_4242.jpg

Molly Weasley Carpenter-Caro - 6 Year Old Standard Poodle.

Gizzy, Specky, Riley Roo & Lady - Our beloved Greyhounds waiting at the Rainbow Bridge.

Looks like her toe is out of wack. Ramm had a toe that was twisted around, it had been pulled out of the socket. The vet had to put it back and his foot was wrapped for at least a month to keep it in place. I hope it's nothing serious.

Nancy with Rocket, Umeko and Sasha

gallery_151_3099_2018.jpg

Missing Albi, Kassie, Ramm, Ruby, my good boy Marvin and Mickey (BT)

NANCY B'S COLLARS

Guest Spencers_Greyt

Looks like her toe is out of joint. I bet the vet can fix that in no time at all! Hugs to Specky and please update us what the vet says.

Ouch! It sure looks like it out of whack! Sending prayers for a simple dx, treatment, booboo bandaid, kisses and an uneventful trip home to recoop. Specky is sure a cutie pie! Love that smile!

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

Looks like a dislocated toe to me. You can usually just pop it back into place and wrap it to keep it that way. Generally no running for 6 weeks either so the tendon can heal. Hope that's all it is. Pain in the butt to recover from, but usually not a big problem.

gallery_12662_3351_862.jpg

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."