Butch Likely Has Bone Cancer

Guest LovesDoggies

I'm so sorry. Hang in there and wait to hear the final determination before you jump to any conclusions.

My Argos, who I lost in November to osteo, was 7 when he died. He too was a really good racer. It seems these boys deserve a better shot at retirement, doesn't it?

Sending many positive thoughts your way and ear rubs for Butch.

gallery_15455_2907_595.jpg

Christie and Bootsy (Turt McGurt and Gil too)
Loving and missing Argos & Likky, forever and ever.
~Old age means realizing you will never own all the dogs you wanted to. ~

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm very sorry your sweet Butch may be dealing with the monster OS. :cry1 Agree with the above suggestions to contact Dr. Couto and get his opinion on the x-rays, plus recommendations for treatment. If you decide to go with pain control, adequate medications that do the job are critical. You know your hound the best, and will make the best decisions possible for him. Don't second guess yourself. :grouphug I found the Circle of Grey to be a tremendous source of support and information. Sending prayers and light to you both. :hope:heart

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

Guest jurishound
I will see if they have capability to save the radiograph to a disk

Sending the films would probably be fine too. Sending good wishes to you and your handsome boy.

Sending TONS for prayers for your Butch. (Butch was to be the name of my cowboy that I never got!)

Let it PLEASE be something other than "that" other thing.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Guest LovesDoggies

Dr. Couto will definitely get the films. I am working on coordinating that now.

Thank you all so much for your helpful posts. I have calmed down a lot. It is just such a shock to hear, even though I knew it was a very real possibility.

Thank you all for helping me calm down. I really do appreciate it. We will handle it the best we can. I can see that now. I couldn't when I first posted on here a few hours ago, so thank you.

Edited by LovesDoggies

Guest Bethf03

I am so sorry, I know what you are going through as we lost our Buddy just before Christmas, he seemed fine and then we noticed a lump on his head, and after taking him to the vet thats when we found out. Love him, spend time with him, I used to have a pillow out in the living room where he could be with us all evening. I remember the good times.

Best wishes from us too. We are praying that its something else :candle

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

Guest PhillyPups

Oh I so know where you are at right now. I just went through this last November with my wonderful TigerPower, and have been down the road with my Most Divine Ms. SugarBear. TigerPower was the picture of health, my buddy my love ~ a very young 11. The Divine Ms. SugarBear was 14.5 and was so playful till the end.

:hope that there is nothing that the radiolgist finds, :bighug to you.

Sending prayers that the radiologist will paint a much brighter picture. Hug the very precious and handsome Butch for me. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Your photo of Butch is beautiful - he is an elegant, happy looking boy. All my good wishes are going to you in hopes that the tests give you good news.

Hugs to you and Butch! :grouphug

gallery_6279_2888_88479.jpg

Hobbes - April 2, 1994 to April 9, 2008-----Tasha - May 23, 2000 to March 31, 2013

Fiona - Aug 29, 2001 to May 5, 2014-----Bailey - March 22, 2001 to Jan 20, 2015

Zeke - June 1, 2004 - Jan 26, 2016----Callie - July 14, 2006 to July 27, 2019

Forever in my heart: Chooch, Molly, Dylan & Lucy

Thank you all for your support. I do feel a bit better knowing that there are people who understand.

Here is Butch. My dreamy sweet boy.

ButchisStunning-1.jpg

Butch was a very successful racer at Raynham. He's been with me for just two years. I never thought this would happen.

Butch, I will keep you in my prayers, handsome boy.

:hope :hope :hope

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France

Guest SoulsMom

If it gives you any ray of hope, in 2005 my JRT/Whippet mix was dxd with bladder cancer and given 1-6 months to live based on what the vet saw on an ultrasound. They were wrong, no cancer, and he's still with me today :):grouphug

:grouphug

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Oh no! I'm so sorry!

I knew when I picked Butch up from the track that he was a special boy. I hope Dr. Couto has good news for you. :hope

With Buster Bloof (UCME Razorback 89B-51359) and Gingersnap Ginny (92D-59450). Missing Pepper, Berkeley, Ivy, Princess and Bauer at the bridge.

Prayers for the absolutely gorgeous Butch! Prayers - it's something else, it's something else, it's something else. It just HAS to be something else!

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

Just checking in today to let you know that I continue praying for good news for your beautiful Butch.

:hope

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France

Guest LovesDoggies

Thank you, fsugrad. And thanks again to everyone else who has posted their support for my boy.

The radiologist won't be there until this afternoon. I will hear from my vet after that.

When we picked him up yesterday, the vet showed us the x-rays, and she seemed more certain about it than I thought she had over the phone. She said she would be very pleased if the radiologist proved her wrong. She is hesitant to diagnose, I am sure, since she is not a radiologist. I've been bringing my pets to this vet for over 10 years. She is an excellent doctor. I hope she is wrong, but I am prepared for the worst.

Butch is comfy and resting at home. He is such a good boy.

More good thoughts being sent from here :candle

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

Holding him gently in my prayers. :candle:hope:candle:hope

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

Good thoughts for both of your boys. I am sorry that they and you are having such a hard time.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds