Could Use Some Good Thoughts For Jake

Last night Jake was playing in the snow with Peanut. When he came in I noticed that he was squinting, so I kept an eye on it. By bedtime he was clearly having a problem, watery discharge and he was pawing at it. I can't see anything wrong, but it is no better this morning and he has a slight bruise showing on his eye brow. We are going to the vet in a while, so think good thoughts that it isn't serious.

Update

Jake has a big corneal abrasion. Luckily he has no damage to the eye itself. The bad news is it is a nasty scratch and he is really close to needing a different kind of treatment that would need him to be sedated. Miki wants there to be a major improvement in two days or he has to go back in. Eyes injuries can go bad very quicklyI have antibiotic get to put in his eye twice a day and he gets tramadol for the first two days. I also have to vet wrap his dew claw so he doesn't claw himself when he rubs it. He's looking pretty miserable.

We also confirmed that he has a small corn on his front foot. Since it's small, I'm going to try bee propolis first. He isn't limping at all at this point. If it grows we'll have to have another vet hull it. Only one vet here has hulled corns. Miki is going to come with me to observe, that way she can do it in the future.

Edited by foxysmom

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.

Ouch. I'm so sorry, Janet! Let's hope it's nothing too serious! Please update us when you get back. Poor Jake!

:goodluck :goodluck :goodluck :goodluck

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

Hope it's just a minor owie!

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Update

Jake has a big corneal abrasion. Luckily he has no damage to the eye itself. The bad news is it is a nasty scratch and he is really close to needing a different kind of treatment that would need him to be sedated. Miki wants there to be a major improvement in two days or he has to go back in. Eyes injuries can go bad very quicklyI have antibiotic get to put in his eye twice a day and he gets tramadol for the first two days. I also have to vet wrap his dew claw so he doesn't claw himself when he rubs it. He's looking pretty miserable.

We also confirmed that he has a small corn on his front foot. Since it's small, I'm going to try bee propolis first. He isn't limping at all at this point. If it grows we'll have to have another vet hull it. Only one vet here has hulled corns. Miki is going to come with me to observe, that way she can do it in the future.

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.

Ah, poor Jake, What would they be doing when he was sedated? Hopefully, he will improve in the next few days, and won't need that.

Please feel better, handsome boy!

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

Sending prayers for Jake. Angel Cody Angelo had a nasty corneal abrasion...it took time but it did heal with his eye drops. Hug Jake for me. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Continued prayers for jake

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Sending prayers for Jake. :hope:hope Ouch! That has to hurt!

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

Guest Winterwish

Janet I just want to mention that in case the antibiotics are drops instead of an ointment,in addition it might be important to ask your vet if Jake should also have Puralube ointment to be placed in his eye as well.

It's protective and can prevent further irritation to that abrasion and the eye. If you use it,I'd use just a tiny bit,only because Jake may want to rub it out- that's the only reason,but it's not dangerous in any way. It's just a lubricant to prevent dryness and can be a comfort measure to the eye.

Poor Jake! Corneal abrasions can definitely be painful and I'm glad to see your vet went right ahead and prescribed pain medication.

:dogcookie:getwell

Edited by Winterwish