Pearl Had A Stroke This Morning

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest greymama002

The photo really captures your devotion to each other! Prayers for Pearl that she will soon have her BP under control, and hugs for you, too! It's so hard when our precious ones face health scares! :grouphug

:goodluck

I too have a couple (one grey, one non) who are with me almost all the time. I'd be lost without them.

That's an incredible photo.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Guest SoulsMom

Oh my, that picture tugged at my heart strings. That is what Soul did to me the night after he came home from the hospital. Sending tons of good thoughts for you and your girl :grouphug

Guest VelvetEars

My Jane had a stroke (major) and hypertension. She was on ... something ... for it. Hydralazine, maybe? And 1/4 of an aspirin/day, too. Are you treating with any medications?

Sending many prayers.

CAMP GREYHOUND

Tempo (Keep the Tempo), Nora (Road Noise) & Gabe the babe (Gable Habenero), Cooper (Uncle Bud's Coop), Topper (Red Top), & Galgos Lisette & Manolito. Missing our beloved angels Cody (Kiowa My Dodie), Lou (Cantankerous Lou), Romi (FingerRoll), Connie (Devie's Concord), Millie (Djays Overhaul), Bailey (Hallo Forty nine), Andy (Iza Handy Boy, and Rocco (Ripley Rocco), Gracie (VS Megan), Eragon the Longdog, Joey (WJS Flashfire), Roy (Folly and Glory)

I had a dog on heart meds once. She was also on Proin for incontinence. Both drugs have a side effect of seizures and strokes; when she was on only one rx, she was ok. When she was on both meds, she had two mini strokes. Took her off the heart med and no more seizures/strokes.

Is Pearl on more than one rx? Could be a combination...

Connie

Pearl's devotion is written all over her face in that precious photo. Prayers for precious Pearl and gentle hugs for Mom.

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

What a picture....I know that feeling. I hope all turns out well.

siggie50_1.jpg

Blair, Stella (DND Heather), Lizzie (M's Deadra), Hitch (Hallo Dominant) and House (Mac's Dr. House)

Missing my handsome men Lewis (Vs Lowrider) - 11/11/01 - 3/11/09, Kevin (Dakota's Hi Five) - 1/1/06 - 4/18/11 and my cat, Sparkle Baby - ??/??/96 - 4/23/11

"The gift which I am sending you is called a dog, and is, in fact, the most precious and valuable possession of mankind." (Theodorus Gaza)

Sending prayers for Pearl. That picture melts my heart. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

I took my girls for their usual walks this morning and halfway thru it Pearl began to stumble and she had rapid eye movement. It looked exactly like what I had with benign positional vertigo. It's an inner ear thing. In 30 secs she had snapped right out of it.

We finished the walk and I remembered today is Friday so I called her cardiologist because Pearl does have hypertension. We were asked how soon could we get there.

They took her right away and did a BP. It's over 260 (and it was under control this past spring and summer). The Dr. checked for any damage and saw none and put her on another med for the weekend. We have to go back to get the BP checked monday. But she said it wasn't vertigo or vestibular disease. She had a ministroke.

A couple years ago when it was high, the vet thought it was pheochromocytoma (adrenal tumor). We took a CT scan, removed an abscessed tooth and upped her meds. We got it under control. THe scan was negative so we figured it must have been the tooth which caused kidney damage which caused the hypertension.

But she's thinking it still is a pheo, just slow growing. If we can get her BP down just a little, she's going for another CT. Two years ago I was ready to put her in surgery to remove the adrenal. but now she's 11. I'm not so sure. I don't know what to do. I cried all the way home.

She's my heart and soul girl. Even though I have 4, she's the only one in here with me now. She sleeps with me and cuddles on the sofa with me.

Please pray we can get this under control again.

057_Parkhill.jpg

What meds is she taking?

Mary in Houston

Everyone has a photographic memory, but not everyone has film.

LAND OF THE FREE BECAUSE OF THE BRAVE