Ally Has Gone To The Bridge

Guest nlochansky

Guest nlochansky

Last night, with the help of some very good friends and their home care vet, I helped Ally cross to the bridge. We were at my friends house, where Ally felt comfortable. Diego, her very best friend in the whole world was laying right along side her the whole time after he refused to be closed out of the bedroom where we had taken her. Her final moments were very peaceful for which I will always be eternally grateful. I was rubbing her ears and staring into those beautiful eyes telling her how much I loved her. She knew.

I know it was the right thing to do and the right time to do it, although knowing that doesn't make it any easier to say goodbye. The leg with the cancer seemed to really be bothering her even more than usual and on Monday she started to have issues with her other back leg- whether from cancer as well or just general tiredness from picking up the slack on her other leg I don’t know. But I do know that she wasn’t comfortable and she wasn’t entirely herself. It was best to do it while she still was enjoying other things- she even picked up a toy Tuesday morning although she couldn’t quite play with it like she used to. As I’ve heard so many say lately, better a day early than a day too late.

I was hoping she could make it to her 10th birthday on Monday but really that would have been more for me than for her and I couldn’t see putting her through more bad days just to get there. We will celebrate in her honor on Monday and have her party for her as I know she would have wanted. Bacon and Reddi-Whip for all. I’m just glad she got to make the return trip to Raleigh for a week over Thanksgiving and my parents got to see her one last time. While she has lived with me since I moved to Richmond and stole her from them, she was as much theirs as mine and I’m glad we all had that week together.

There will never be another dog quite like Ally. She was so incredibly special. She loved to be loved and to give love- She always wanted to be in my lap or in my arms, despite the fact that she was no small girl. I remember the day we picked her out at PRH- she was supposed to be my parents dog and while I knew I would love her, I just never foresaw how much she would come to mean to me and how much of my heart she would be taking with her when she left this world. The longer I had her the more she wormed her way in my heart until it was completely hers.

Nothing I can write will ever be able to truly capture the love I felt and still feel for my amazing girl. She touched so many, was a great ambassadog for greyhound adoption, and is already missed more than I can even begin to describe.

Run pain free with your friends Ally Monster. I love you forever and ever.

Allysweetface.jpg

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Farewell Ally. Run free of this monster.

I'm so sorry. Hold her memories close.

Jennifer and Beamish (an unnamed Irish-born Racer) DOB: October 30, 2011

Forever and always missing my "Vowels", Icarus, Atlas, Orion, Uber, and Miss Echo, and Mojito.

Guest joedogs_mom

I'm SO sorry -- rest assured, there are a lot of soon-to-be 10 year olds in her company in Heaven...My Joe (would have been 10 on January 16) will be with her. We lost him about 3 weeks ago. All of my sympathy. What a beautiful, beautiful girl. Many hugs to you...I am thinking of you.

I'm so sorry for your loss of Ally. She was a beautiful girl & fortunate to have 2 families that loved her so. Godspeed Ally! f_yellow

gallery_7491_3326_2049.jpg

Deirdre with Conor (Daring Pocobueno), Keeva (Kiowa Mimi Mona), & kittehs Gemma & robthomas.

Our beloved angels Faolin & Liath, & kittehs Mona & Caesar. Remembering Bobby, Doc McCoy, & Chip McGrath.

"He feeds you, pets you, adores you, collects your poop in a bag. There's only one explanation: you are a hairy little god." Nick Galifinakis

I am so sorry for your loss. That was a lovely tribute that you wrote to Ally.

Hugs,

Carol Ann

:f_pink:f_pink:f_pink

gallery_9381_2904_4242.jpg

Molly Weasley Carpenter-Caro - 6 Year Old Standard Poodle.

Gizzy, Specky, Riley Roo & Lady - Our beloved Greyhounds waiting at the Rainbow Bridge.

I am so sorry. Run fast and free beautiful Angel Ally. There is no more cancer at the Bridge honey. Nudge my Angels for me. My deepest sympathy...I know how much it hurts. :grouphug:f_white

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

she's one beautiful pup. i'm sorry to read of your loss.

Steve, owner/photographer Crackerdog Photography, writer of ShutterHounds. Follow me on Instagram.
Alex (Sanja Black Eyes [1989-2003] - Sanja Superfrank x TH's Fandango), Nikki (Ein's Ardonis [1995-2008] - Farmer Wilson x Legs Polly),
Sadie (Carla Tar [2002-2014] - Coldwater Guv x Canatar), Katie (Leading Home [2003-2013] - Iruska Excalibur x Impress Me Much),

Bean ([2013-] - DJays Octane x O Ya Cranberry), and Billy Bob (O Ya Billy Bob [2011-2020] Dodgem By Design x O Ya Cranberry)
gallery_14296_2881_11695.jpg

I'm so sorry. Run with the Angels.

Denise & Strider, Blake, Fields, Frank, FlippyDoo, and Momma Gail.

The Bridge Angels Zack(Ags Marble Chip) 4/25/93-2/16/06, Wanda(Rainier Rowanda) 12/14/94-06/09/06, Brooke/Boogers(Rainier Restive) 01/01/99-10/20/08, Warlock(Rainier Rammer) 4/29/99-10/01/09), Patsie(Frisky Patsy) 5/17/96-2/05/10, Hatter(Cals Madhatter) 6/3/00-3/11/10, Dodger(Rainier Ransack) 4/29/99-4/16/10, and Sparkle(Okie Sparkle) 11/8/2000-1/28/11

I'm very sorry.

Elphie, Kulee, Amanda, Harmony, Alex (hound mix), Phantom, Norbet, Willis (dsh), Autumn (Siamese) & Max (OSH) & mama rat, LaLa & baby Poppy! My bridge kids: Crooke & Mouse (always in my heart), Flake, Buzz, Snake, Prince (GSD), Justin & Gentry (Siamese), Belle (Aussie/Dalmatian mix), Rupert (amstaff) and Fred, Sirius, Severus, Albus, George, Hagrid, Hermione, Minerva, Marilyn, Wren, Molly, Luna, Tonks, Fleur, Ginny, Neville, Bill, Percy, Rose & Charlie (rats)

I am so sorry! I was just looking at her lovely 'glamour' pic.

Missing my sweet girl Scout. My snuggler, my chow-hound, my kissy girl.
It never thunders at the Bridge, and your food bowl is ALWAYS filled.

So strange not living in Atty World. I was a love struck handmaiden to your every whim.