Faye - 8/14/95 - 12/9/08

Guest Sassifrass

Guest Sassifrass

This afternoon I helped Faye cross the Bridge. She had been suffering from osteo in her pelvis which was diagnosed in early September. She was doing very well until she began to slow down two days ago. There was still no cause for alarm until this morning, when Faye had lost the use of all four legs. It was obvious that she was tired and was ready - I could see it in her eyes.

The vet at the specialty hospital who had been monitoring the osteo helped Faye to sleep this afternoon.

Faye came to me on February 28, 1999 after suffering a badly broken right hind leg on the track in the late fall/early winter of '98. For some reason she remained at the track and the leg was never mended until she came to the rescue in Pennsylvania right before Christmas. When Faye came to me she was still limping from surgery to repair the old break - she never fully recovered the use of that right hind - if she walked quickly or tried to run she would hop

Faye was the perfect lady, although she could be very remote. It took her several months to warm up to me - she wasn't a spook, but she didn't come near me for any affection for almost two months. She stayed in her crate (with the door open) and only came out for walks, which she loved, and to eat. And then back in the crate. My husband finally insisted that I take down the crate and I did. She never missed it! Faye then took over the sofa where she pretty much stayed.

In June of '99, a big goofy black male named Biscuit joined the family and Faye fell in love. Biscuit teased and tormented her and she loved every minute of it. When he died suddenly of an aneurysm in 2004, I thought she'd never get over it and we adopted another grey almost immediately. Andy joined us several weeks after Biscuit's death and, although Faye accepted him, it was never quite the same. Andy died suddenly of osteo in 2006 and Faye remained the only grey.

She had company though. Since Andy's death we have gotten four little dogs - 3 Miniature American Eskimos and a little mixed breed. Faye put up with all the barking and running and gamely went for walks with four obnoxious little dogs. She would look embarrassed at their antics, but she obviously enjoyed the activity.

Faye was beautiful and she knew it - white with a perfect fawn colored kissing spot on top of her head and a fawn patch on her right hip. She kept her own counsel most of the time and was rarely overtly affectionate.

She was, however, my perfect and special girlie.

I'm sure that she has found her beloved Biscuit and Andy at the Bridge by now and the circle is complete.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My deepest condolences to you. :grouphug OS is such a monster. :cry1 Faye was a lucky girl to share your heart and home. :heart Run like the wind at the Bridge, sweet girl... :gh_run

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

:f_red I am so very sorry. Faye runs with the angels now, pain free and in the company of her friends. God speed little girl and watch over those who love you :gh_run

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

She sounds like the perfect Lady. I am so sorry for you loss. Please know she has some very special company at the bridge.

Sheila

Sheila
Loved by

Mozart, Sherri, Xavier, McCleary, Tigger. Amelia and 2 Salukis Poppy and Zarah

I am so sorry. Godspeed Precious Angel Faye. I can only imagine the reunion at the Bridge today. :grouphug:f_pink:f_whitef_yellow

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Guest HighMaintenance

I'm so sorry for your loss. I too know the greiving of losing a grey suddenly. May you find peace in knowing they're together up at the Rainbow Bridge and you'll see them all again one day. Take care.

I'm so sorry. :cry1

Godspeed Faye.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

I am so sorry for the loss of your beautiful Faye. Take comfort in knowing she is at peace, pain free and running once again with the wind.

I do hate cancer.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

I am so sorry for the loss of your beautiful girl. She is running free with her boys now, pain free.

Hugs to you.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

I'm so sorry for your loss of Faye. It sounds like she had a lovely, companion-filled home with you. Godspeed Faye! f_yellow

gallery_7491_3326_2049.jpg

Deirdre with Conor (Daring Pocobueno), Keeva (Kiowa Mimi Mona), & kittehs Gemma & robthomas.

Our beloved angels Faolin & Liath, & kittehs Mona & Caesar. Remembering Bobby, Doc McCoy, & Chip McGrath.

"He feeds you, pets you, adores you, collects your poop in a bag. There's only one explanation: you are a hairy little god." Nick Galifinakis

I'm sorry.

Godspeed, gallant girlie.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.