A Proper Remembrance For My Babies

TheFullHouse

I had such a hard time losing Emmy and Andy that I never really posted a proper remembrance for them.

Emmy, what can I say sweetie, you chose me. I remember the day we stopped at the track "just to look" and while dad was talking to the director I walked up and down the rows and rows of hounds that needed homes. I clearly remember calling them all by name and not getting much of a response until I stopped at your crate. I remember so clearly saying "hi Emmy" and was totally shocked when you jumped up, wagged your tail and kissed me through your crate door. You little rear end was wiggling so hard I though you would wag it off. I knew at that very moment that you were meant for me. I walked out and told dad I found my girl. You sat in the kennel for 8 months before you found me and you didn't waste a moment getting adjusted when we brought you home. I was so afraid to bring you home though. I was worried about Jilly Bean's reaction to you. We had a few rough weeks until the two of you reached an agreement to live together and become best friends. You were bossy, crate aggressive, and definitely food aggressive but to me you were the world. You had so much spunk and absolutely loved catching Frisbees and playing with a basketball. I was so madly in love I thought I'd never find another hound that I could love as much, until Andy.

I remember getting the note from the director of the kennel about you Andy. She told me Emmy's brother is in the kennel and he looks exactly like Emmy. I had to see for myself. His owner was there the day we came to visit and she told me they had taken you home to live with them and your mother. It seems your mom was one of those broods that didn't want their babies around after they'd left the next so they brought you to the adoption kennel in hopes of finding you the perfect home. She begged us to take you home with us to live with Emmy and of course how could we say no. You were the absolute opposite of Emmy, very sweet, mild mannered and totally laid back. You loved nothing more than to be held and petted and loved on, yet the two of you were inseparable from day one.

I remember the day we brought you home and the look on Emmys face when she saw you. The two of you greeted each other as if you couldn't believe you were together again. From that day on, you spent every waking moment together. You ran and played like puppies and would sleep lying next to each other. You seemed to instinctively know when one wasn't feeling well and would comfort one another.

As we added hounds to the house, you still would only play with each other. Neither one of you were comfortable with sharing a bed with anyone else but each other and Jilly Bean. I don't think I will ever see another two hounds so closely connected in my lifetime.

Dad and I miss you both more than you can imagine but are comforted in the fact that you are now and will always be forever together.

EmmyAndy-1.jpg

IMG_4871C.jpg

IMG_5551.jpg

IMG_5626.jpg

EmmyAndy-3.jpg

Till we meet again my angels. :wub:

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The photographs say it all. Thank you for sharing with us. May you find peace knowing that they are together forever and could not have had the wonderful life that they did without you.

gallery_16605_3214_8259.jpg

Cindy with Miss Fancypants, Paris Bueller, Zeke, and Angus 
Dante (Dg's Boyd), Zoe (In a While), Brady (Devilish Effect), Goose (BG Shotgun), Maverick (BG ShoMe), Maggie (All Trades Jax), Sherman (LNB Herman Bad) and Indy (BYB whippet) forever in my heart
The flame that burns the brightest, burns the fastest and leaves the biggest shadow

Such a beautiful tribute to two beautiful hounds.

Daisy & Eli, the crazy hounds, and Bella & Zoe, the curly kitties,
and Jed (10.30.98 - 11.28.08) & Ripple (3.25.99 - 8.20.09) together again at the bridge
with Cleo-Kitty (10.8.1988 - 7.26.2007) always in my heart.

Your beautiful tribute and the story of how Emmy and Andy entered your life was so moving. But what has me sitting here with tears streaming down my face are the photos of Emmy and Andy together. That they loved each other and were closely bonded just shines in every picture. Thank you for sharing your precious babies with us. I know how much you will miss them.

:f_red:f_pink:f_red

gallery_6279_2888_88479.jpg

Hobbes - April 2, 1994 to April 9, 2008-----Tasha - May 23, 2000 to March 31, 2013

Fiona - Aug 29, 2001 to May 5, 2014-----Bailey - March 22, 2001 to Jan 20, 2015

Zeke - June 1, 2004 - Jan 26, 2016----Callie - July 14, 2006 to July 27, 2019

Forever in my heart: Chooch, Molly, Dylan & Lucy

So many tears.

Run free beautiful puppies.

:(

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Beautiful photos of beautiful greys. You may comforted in knowing they share eternity together.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

Those pictures speak a thousand words.

:f_red:heart:f_pink

SunnySophiePegsdon.jpg

When a relationship of love is disrupted, the relationship does not cease. The love continues; therefore, the relationship continues. The work of grief is to reconcile and redeem life to a different love relationship. ~ W Scott Lineberry

Always Greyhounds Home Boarding and Greyhounds With Love House Sitting

:weep :weep :weep

What a beautiful, moving tribute to Andy and Emmy that was. I love the pictures too... you can sense the connection between us just by looking at those pictures.

Rest in peace, beautiful babies.

:gh_run2hug.gif:gh_run2

Edited by merlinsmum

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

Guest greyt2love

Judy, that is a beautiful tribute to Andy and Emmy. The pictures sent tear streaming down my face, so much love showing between them. They were blessed to be together and blessed that you and Mike were the ones who gave them their home and life together. I truly belive that Andy just missed Emmy so much he had to go join her . :grouphug

Oh Judy. :grouphug Your sweet babies needed to be together once and forever more. :grouphug:grouphug They are watching over...always...:grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Guest Mommydog

You can see how close they were from the pics. I think maybe Andy left because he couldn't bear being parted from his sister Rest well sweet pups. :gh_run :gh_run :grouphugf_yellow