Gidge

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good thoughts and prayers....

ATASCOSITA DIAZ - MY WONDER DOG!
Missing our Raisin: 9/9/94 - 7/20/08, our Super Bea: 2003 - 12/16/09, our Howie: 9/17/97 - 4/9/11, our Bull: 8/7/00 - 1/17/13, our Wyatt Earp: 11/22/06 - 12/16/15, and our Cyclone 8/26/05 - 9/12/16

More good thoughts coming your way for Gidge, Charlie and you!!!

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

Sending prayers, healing light and hugs to Charlie, Midge and Mary.

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

Her kidneys "lit up" during the ultrasound. Not good. It could be a really bad UTI but she suspects it is glomerulonephritis. Most dogs do not react well to treatment because of the protein loss. I hope I got that straight.

She will be in the hospital tonight and tomorrow night on IV antibiotics & fluids while waiting on the cultures to come back which will probably be Friday.

Charlie is fine for now. His procedure will have to wait until next year. He still has 2 weeks left on his antiobiotic treatment. We just spent $1200 on him and Gidge will probably be at least that much. They gave us an estimate of $732 and that was before the hospitalization and IV fluids/antibiotics.

Mary in Houston

Everyone has a photographic memory, but not everyone has film.

LAND OF THE FREE BECAUSE OF THE BRAVE

Oh Mary...sending prayers that Gidge will recover and that it is just a horrible UTI. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Mary ~ How is Gidge this morning? :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

:candle

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

She ate well this morning; however, she has heavy bruising on her chest and her blood pressure is up. She is a nervous Norvis so they don't know if the pressure is up because of the kidney problem or if it is because she spent the night away from us. They will be addressing the bruising today.

They said we could go see her if we want. I don't know what to do. I'm dying to get my hands on her, but I am afraid that she will think we are taking her home and then be crushed because we don't.

I miss my little pee wee.

Mary in Houston

Everyone has a photographic memory, but not everyone has film.

LAND OF THE FREE BECAUSE OF THE BRAVE

Guest MorganKonaAlex

Gidge's case has some similarities to Kona's. She had been in partial kidney failure and had high blood pressure which we had been treating for several months. Suddenly one night she acted like it was painful to move. In her case, the ultrasound didn't find anything. A few days later, blood started to pool under her skin. DSC00926.JPG

The Vet couldn't find what was wrong but Alabama Rot was mentioned as a possibility. From what I could read on it, Alabama rot is linked with 4D meat though. The treatment for the bleeding is prednisone. Pred is very hard on the kidneys but we were desperate to stop her bleeding. Shortly afterwards she did go into renal failure and we had to let her go. We never did figure out what caused the bleeding in the first place.

Edited by MorganKonaAlex